FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 11.3 Second Focus.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This guy on focaljet claims he hit 11.3 last night on the track and is soon to make it into the 10's. Seems pretty cool

http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showfla...art=1&vc=1&nt=2
:blink: B)
you can actualy beleive it, its not just a claim

the news was reported by Jon aka fasttrax and everyone knows he is a damn beleivable source...
french_connection,Apr 9 2005, 07:35 PM Wrote:you can actualy beleive it, its not just a claim

the news was reported by Jon aka fasttrax and everyone knows he is a damn beleivable source...
[right][snapback]100025[/snapback][/right]

Neat, without me going to FJ what is the short story boost wise? still FWD? if yes what tires?

Please tell me it was a "built" auto that the wife can get groceries in. :lol:
450 whp at 17 psi. stock zetec block with eagle rods, arias pistons and FR intake manifold.

most likely MTX75

it as the potential to push 600whp with more boost but they took it easy, they did 11.3 on their second pass.

they are going for 10's this week.
details are still thin as to setup, he was running 17.5psi
according to jon, he has a Standard Zetec block, Eagle rods, Arias pistons, Ford RAcing Intake Manifold, ported head, crower stage 2 cams(early type) = 447fwhp

i would guess he is running some crazy compression for boost as they also said the motor in NA format would be doing 200fwhp, so i'm going to go out on a limb and say he's probably doing it on 110ocatne gas.
ok check list.........

ported head...........check
stage 2 cams.........check
eagle rods.............check
FI..........................check

plus I have other stuff, but with all that, all I need is 110 octane and I'll beat him?

Oh yeah, I forgot he's got a little more boost than me.

Man that's fast
Is it turbo or just ludicrous NOS? both?
2001 ZTS,Apr 10 2005, 02:35 AM Wrote:Is it turbo or just ludicrous NOS? both?
[right][snapback]100041[/snapback][/right]

just turbo, and from their replies, they seem to dislike nos, they say they never put nitrous on any of their cars. (they are a tuner shop in vegas)
french_connection,Apr 9 2005, 09:40 PM Wrote:

just turbo, and from their replies, they seem to dislike nos, they say they never put nitrous on any of their cars. (they are a tuner shop in vegas)
[right][snapback]100042[/snapback][/right]

Cool, I think nitrous oxide is for movies and high school kids with allowances that are too big. Much respect and look forward to the details.
2001 ZTS,Apr 10 2005, 02:56 AM Wrote:

Cool, I think nitrous oxide is for movies and high school kids with allowances that are too big. Much respect and look forward to the details.
[right][snapback]100045[/snapback][/right]

agree 200% with you there Andrew, it might look cool to some, but it should be used in other ways then the ones most people use it in my opinion.

the ways that I like are if you run already max boost and look for a bit more, or if you have a huge turbo and you use a small shot to spool or cool down.

too many kids nowaday just slap it on witout any knowledge of it and then blow their s**t up or burn their car to the ground.

which cracks me up, so I guess I dont need the gas to get a good laugh... ;)
Front tires were?
:o :huh:
Guess tom isnt the fastest anymore.
2001 ZTS,Apr 9 2005, 10:56 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]100045[/snapback][/right]

I could slap the juice on any POS and go bad.All throttle, no bottle!
yum
why would u need nos in a city anyways!..enough said
i dont think his car is a daily driver
Nice to see guys pushing it. It;s good for our community.

It makes the rest of the community try harder to make the Focus something other than "just another Focus"
^^ I agree completely, Anthony. It's stuff like this that inspires more "Could I?" owners to become "I did!" owners. :D
Pages: 1 2