FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Ignition Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A lady writes in how she was left stranded alone in a parking lot late at night because of it in a letter to the "Wheels" section. She also mentions researching online which means she probably passed through here at some point.

Ford thanked her for here concern etcetera and tried to sound surprised about what we all know is a very common problem.
the lock cylinder stopped working?

as a precaution i now carry my car key by itself.. no key rings or anything attached to it
In the same paper was an article about the Ford 500, it looked as boring as the car itself so I didn't read it.

Also in the "news & rumours" column was the fact that the Ford 500 is not selling as expected, no surprise there, and will get a facelift and more power in the next year or two well ahead of what was planned, the plan was 4-5 years.

Maybe the Fusion will be a better seller instead?
2001 ZTS,Apr 9 2005, 03:47 PM Wrote:In the same paper was an article about the Ford 500, it looked as boring as the car itself so I didn't read it.

Also in the "news & rumours" column was the fact that the Ford 500 is not selling as expected, no surprise there, and will get a facelift and more power in the next year or two well ahead of what was planned, the plan was 4-5 years.

Maybe the Fusion will be a better seller instead?
[right][snapback]99992[/snapback][/right]

From what I've been told, the Fusion's front end will be the new face of Ford. Even the 2005 Heavy Duty F-Series sports the 3-bar grille.

Ford has already upped the freshening of the Five Hundred. I'm thinking it will be the 2007 model year that we'll see it with a 3-bar grille...along with the 3.5L Duratec V6 (maybe even an SVT version), and the new Lincoln LS series that's supposed to spawn from it with a V8. By 2007, the Fusion should be out with the SVT version.

Quote:as a precaution i now carry my car key by itself.. no key rings or anything attached to it

It's funny...on Motorweek Television, Goss' Garage talked about this. They inferred that it's not only the Focus this is happening. I've seen some of the keyrings my friends have. Everything from the cars to their house to lockers, etc. are weighing down on the cylinder. My guess is parts manufacturers are getting by with cheaper cylinders due to cost concerns, and passing the buck to us.
well, to be fair i should say my honda is approaching its 15th year since manufacture and its original ignition lock cylinder is functioning fine, and before i owned it the previous owner hung a whole bunch of keys on his key ring.. my old focus couldn't even take 3yr of car key, house key and mailbox key..

maybe that guy was inferring the whole fomoco lineup has build quality issues
went to wendys at lunch....hah and then had to get he foci towed haha my ignation colum broke too but i got a new one for free :)