FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Silver Svt Downtown Toronto
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
saw a silver SVT in downtown toronto, at queen & victoria. The most noticable was the tinted windows, blacked out side markers, and the Formula 1 sticker on the rear quarter windows. Anybody on here?
paolo,Apr 9 2005, 10:59 AM Wrote:blacked out side markers[right][snapback]99944[/snapback][/right]

I really gotta do that today if there isn't much wind.
yep. that was me!
Just got my summer tires on today...finally.
Also found out that the bracket that holds the catalytic to the engine is broken...guess that's why it rattles all the time. Warranty=me happy.

paolo,Apr 9 2005, 06:59 PM Wrote:saw a silver SVT in downtown toronto, at queen & victoria. The most noticable was the tinted windows, blacked out side markers, and the Formula 1 sticker on the rear quarter windows. Anybody on here?
[right][snapback]99944[/snapback][/right]
You're blacked out too eh? How many of us is that in total?
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 20 2005, 10:25 PM Wrote:You're blacked out too eh? How many of us is that in total?
[right][snapback]103105[/snapback][/right]

whose counting and why?

I just have to be the asshole today and though in a MADD TyTE YO.

To put it as polite as I can, why would you tint any light on your car. It's a cheap mod to make your car stand out from the granny pusher it is, but so are the bullet holes you get off eBay.
I like the smoked out or blacked out side marker look, especially if you have a dark car like me, my car is black, and it stands out LESS. those of you with a light coloured car, thats why they make clear or transparent side markers, its for you guys.
meford4u,Apr 20 2005, 07:33 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 20 2005, 10:25 PM Wrote:You're blacked out too eh? How many of us is that in total?

whose counting and why?

To put it as polite as I can, why would you tint any light on your car. It's a cheap mod to make your car stand out from the granny pusher it is, but so are the bullet holes you get off eBay.
[right][snapback]103133[/snapback][/right]

Individuality... just like bodykits, vinyls, and anything else you do. By those lights, your boy's car is the poster child for Uncle Ben's, regardless of performance mods.
you're right about the asshole part. can't say much about a 7 year old beater truck though.

meford4u,Apr 21 2005, 02:33 AM Wrote:

whose counting and why?

NOS2Go4Me,Apr 21 2005, 02:05 PM Wrote:

whose counting and why?

Individuality... just like bodykits, vinyls, and anything else you do. By those lights, your boy's car is the poster child for Uncle Ben's, regardless of performance mods.
[right][snapback]103303[/snapback][/right]

Your actually calling my son's car RICED? Are you fuking insane?

Do you really know what your talking about? Or is it the 420 day talking.

If you ever get to see this car in person it will be viewed from the rear bumper pulling away from your overrated, joke infested, nite shade sedan.

i can't believe you would be so stupid as to call this car Rice.

When you want to start talking about FI and less about nite shade, then maybe more people on the board might take you a little more seriously.

Rice.......................that's too funny
Ryan,Apr 21 2005, 09:18 PM Wrote:you're right about the asshole part.  can't say much about a 7 year old beater truck though.

meford4u,Apr 21 2005, 02:33 AM Wrote:

whose counting and why?

[right][snapback]103454[/snapback][/right]

My beater truck will pull away from your Focus bone stock.

Nuff said.
meford4u,Apr 22 2005, 12:28 AM Wrote:
Ryan,Apr 21 2005, 09:18 PM Wrote:you're right about the asshole part.  can't say much about a 7 year old beater truck though.

My beater truck will pull away from your Focus bone stock.

Nuff said.
[right][snapback]103459[/snapback][/right]

Nuff? You're from Burlington and over the hill with a pick-up truck...but talk like Snoop. Don't think you're in any position to be "dissin'" our little tinted blinkers!
Nuff said is as old as the hills in terms of hillbilly talk.

Who is this Snoop guy you speak of? :D

You guys just keep on tinting grammas car and I'll keep up the old man humour.

Nuff said.
Wirelessly posted (Nokia6682/2.0 (2.50.8) SymbianOS/8.0 Series60/2.6 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

mefordforyou, you were the one who said smoked sidemarkers were mad tyte yo, but then you posted elsewhere that u wanted the same done to yours.
paolo,Apr 21 2005, 11:35 PM Wrote:Wirelessly posted (Nokia6682/2.0 (2.50.8) SymbianOS/8.0 Series60/2.6 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

mefordforyou, you were the one who said smoked sidemarkers were mad tyte yo, but then you posted elsewhere that u wanted the same done to yours.
[right][snapback]103499[/snapback][/right]

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

i know I tend to either be or act drunk on the board alot. But I am calling BS on this one Paul until you come up with proof of this. I think the talk talk talk I hear everyday about nite shade and it's improvement it makes to your car, are well, to be polite, nonsense.
Yes your car is a reflection of your personality and letting them know that I think this mod of their's is gay, well I am open for criticism too.
I just had to step up and say something about all the niteshading that is going on that doesn't improve the appeal of your vehicle.

But that's just my opinion.

Edit...........Where am I going to put smoked side markers on a Euro front bumper?

I just have to see this post Paul. And if you don't find this so-called post I am getting puppet to hold you down while you kiss my ass.
tinted sides or not your car is still slow so I guess that a "darker" car will hide this fact :lol:
DD1,Apr 22 2005, 12:04 AM Wrote:tinted sides or not your car is still slow so I guess that a "darker" car will hide this fact :lol:
[right][snapback]103505[/snapback][/right]

fast? you don't know fast..

[Image: assbike.w492.jpg]
meford4u,Apr 21 2005, 05:26 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 21 2005, 02:05 PM Wrote:

whose counting and why?

[right][snapback]103303[/snapback][/right]

Your actually calling my son's car RICED? Are you fuking insane?

Do you really know what your talking about? Or is it the 420 day talking.

If you ever get to see this car in person it will be viewed from the rear bumper pulling away from your overrated, joke infested, nite shade sedan.

i can't believe you would be so stupid as to call this car Rice.

When you want to start talking about FI and less about nite shade, then maybe more people on the board might take you a little more seriously.

Rice.......................that's too funny
[right][snapback]103458[/snapback][/right]

I've never met you, but I don't really get where you get off thinking your son's car is any better than anyone else here. One man's rice is another man's perfect kit. I, personally, think the majority of body kits should have stayed on the drawing board where they belonged. Instead, we have an infestation of substandard, TFATF-inspired horsecrap floating around out there. That's not just Focuses, that's just about every sport compact ever made in the last 20 years or so.

I have MILES more respect for a Euro retrofit than I do for the latest Wings West horseshit, or the latest carbon fiber hood, or the latest supahdupah wing. Got boost? Good! That's a solid 4-5Gs more than I want to spend on a car right now.

My point is, instead of living vicariously through your son's car, relax and quit shitting on people who don't follow your exact train of modding thought.

I asked how many people had tinted signals / corners now, and you turned this into Hiroshima. Congrats, you got the attention you wanted.

As for people taking me seriously... those who've known me (virtually) for long enough now know I'm not out to turn my Focus into a 200+WHP monster. Perhaps now you'll realize that, too. Also, you started the horseshit about tinting a lens being as original as bullethole crap from eBay. Yeah, that was mature. It's a cheap mod, because I'm saving for a house. I'm in the final process of paying for a wedding and a 2 week trip to the Dominican. All without the aid of credit (beyond mortgage), all without family, without friends.

Is that enough info for now? And as for the drug use reference, thanks but I don't need to smoke to think "clearly".
just my $0.02... 'euro' is the new rice

of course you can buy more flavours of euro than wings west these days...

but before this whole thread turns into a flame war, everyone just settle down, and appreciate your cars for what they are... and expression of yourself.
Well I guess i get confused with living vicariously through the life of my son and his car.
I look at it as the things we can talk about and do together.
He can't afford all the parts that go into the car and I'm glad to help him out and suggest a few things.
As for having MILES of respect for a Euro retrofit, maybe you should have another look at his car.

http://groups.msn.com/FocusTuning2/shoebox...Photo&PhotoID=1

i think you'll find enough Euro on there to make a European Focus jealous.

If you want to spend 4-5k on a SC, well that would be a bit high. We spent $1800 installed.

I'm sorry that you can't see above the fact that the car my son and I own, is far and above one of the nicest car's on this site. That isn't meant to be in your face Dean style, it is meant to be the truth. There are probably less than 10 cars on this site that I would say are as nice if not nicer than the one we own. The truth is you have to have the money to spend to make your car look nice. And I do understand that your $$$ are being vested in a wedding, new home, honeymoon, etc..

But I raised a question as to why niteshading. Why make sucha big deal out of it when, IMO, it serves no useful purpose. It doesn't even look good.

I was a tad drunk last night and went off on a tangent, and for those niteshade people that I offended, I do apologize.

But NOS, when you call my son's car Rice, that really pisses me off when you have no clue as to the time, money and energy that has gone into this car. We didn't do it all, but we are proud of the car and where we have gotten it to today.
darkpuppet,Apr 21 2005, 10:22 PM Wrote:just my $0.02...  'euro' is the new rice

of course you can buy more flavours of euro than wings west these days...

but before this whole thread turns into a flame war, everyone just settle down, and appreciate your cars for what they are... and expression of yourself.
[right][snapback]103544[/snapback][/right]

Thank you Darkpuppet, now I'm gonna go and spray tint my Side Marker lens.
Pages: 1 2