FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ebay Mod Chips?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last night I decided to just check out Ebay to see what they have for cheap Focus mods and I came across 2 things that look mildly interesting.

Mod chip 1

Mod chip 2

Now both do different things, and both are cheap. I would assume both are crap or too good to be true. But from the ratings and some of the feedback people seem to like them. What do you guys all think?
People probably don't realize what these things are doing to their cars.
The are a typical scam product. They don't work, the car compensates for whatever settings they apparently make to the performance end of things. The only real chips that work are SCT, DIABLO, etc.....

Save your money......
The customer testimonial had me pissing my pants laughing:

Hello

My name is Elaine. I bought the Redline power chip as a present for my husband for Christmas. I just wanted to say thank you. I was going to put it under the tree and wait for him to install it in the morning, but after opening up the package and reading over the instructions I decided to install it myself. Actually opening the hood to his Dodge Ram was the hardest part. I followed the instructions and installed the power chip in about 10 minutes. The tool free install system was really easy.

We went out to IHOP that morning for breakfast. He wanted to take my neon but I told him to take the truck. He started the truck, backed out the garage, everything was normal. We went out towards the main street and as we made right turn in to traffic and start to gains speed he said "wooa!" He looked at me and said you feel that?! I put on a puzzled look until we got to IHOP. The whole drive there he had a confused yet happy look on his face. I told him how I installed the Redline Power chip in his truck the night before and by my self and he was shocked. After breakfast we went out to the truck, opened the hood and took a look at the power chip. He was very happy with the results and I was happy that he was happy. Twice a week he goes to his second job site that is 60 miles away, to save gas he takes the neon instead of the truck. He wanted more power for the neon too so he purchased a chip from your website. Since I drive it to work on the other three days a week in the neon, I have also noticed the added power. We have passed on the wisdom to a few of our friends. They have being very happy with the results for such an reasonably priced upgrade.

Thank you from me and my husband.

Elaine Wastsco
:blink: .............................. RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Save the time and money. Get an electric super charger :D
Yeah thats what I thought. I laughed at that testimonial too lol

And Jay, I'm poor, I can't afford a super charger. I can hardly afford food right now :unsure:
LOL Jay I said electric super charger ;) not a real "super charger"

They go on ebay for about $25

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33741

Some guy came intot he shop one day saying how it gave him so much power. We sorta just stood there then laughed at him when he left LOL LOL LOL LOL
ZX3TUNR,Apr 8 2005, 06:17 AM Wrote:LOL Jay I said electric super charger ;) not a real "super charger"

They go on ebay for about $25

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33741

Some guy came intot he shop one day saying how it gave him so much power. We sorta just stood there then laughed at him when he left LOL LOL LOL LOL
[right][snapback]99741[/snapback][/right]

Ummm... I don't get it... Hook that thing into your intake somehow? And that does anything?
lol pretty much

power and ground and the fan spins inside lol
Now do you need bigger injectors and proper tuning to run that electric supercharger? :lol:

That makes about as much sense as the guy who suggested running the air conditioning vent into the engine bay to the intake so that it would really get "cold air". Because running your air conditioner full blast to achieve maximum cold air really improves performance :P
Sport Compact did a car with an electric supercharger. Looks pretty ghetto IMO. They have like 2 extra batteries installed in the trunk lol
ZX3TUNR,Apr 8 2005, 09:25 AM Wrote:Sport Compact did a car with an electric supercharger. Looks pretty ghetto IMO. They have like 2 extra batteries installed in the trunk lol
[right][snapback]99756[/snapback][/right]
Serioudly? Did they get any gains?
It's actually feasible... because it's a real-deal supercharger, not a reversed vacuum like the rest. It's akin to the new Lightning's rechargeable I/C... you can use it for short bursts, but then it needs to recharge (in this case, the batteries).

I have that issue of SCC right here in the office :)