FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Paint Job
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody have an idea of what a good base/clear job would cost. Just a ball park figure. I don't want to alter the cars colour, just a recoat...
For 3 coats base, 4 coats clear I was quoted $2000 if I remove all the trim myself. That's from a reputable shop, proper oven to bake the car, down draught sprayer, whole bit.. you can get it cheaper if you don't mind dirt under the paint :P

I'm geting mine done next month. I'll see how the shop does it and I'll let you know if it's worth taking it to them
399 at maaco!
ANTHONYD,Apr 8 2005, 08:55 AM Wrote:399 at maaco!
[right][snapback]99751[/snapback][/right]

:lol: :lol:

what was that about dirt under the paint?

:lol: :lol:

you'd be better off getting 100 spray cans and doing it in your garage, don't even block, it'll still beat maaco :lol: :lol:

:lol:

really...maaco.... :lol:
uh o stay away from macco
say NO to Maaco. my dad had to unfortunately take one of our cars there a few yrs back for a paint job, my dad EVEN did some prep-work to the car, and gave the maaco guys some painting gear to help them, the paint job still turned out shitty. dam them.
Maaco is an example of a business that survives without any clear reason to. Lack of skills, materials, and customer satisfaction... yet they manage. I don't know how, personally.

I'll be getting a quote for my car after the wedding for a complete respray with clearcoat... this latest episode is driving me bonkers and I just want to start from scratch(free) :D
I was kidding about Maaco.

I wouldn't bring a car there if it were the last place on earth!
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 8 2005, 09:41 AM Wrote:Maaco is an example of a business that survives without any clear reason to.
[right][snapback]99767[/snapback][/right]

They have a catchy jingle :P

If anyone needs any further evidence to convince them not to get a car painted at Maaco, check out www.maacosucks.us.
I ain't doin Maaco, that wasn't even considered. Just that a friend asked a friend and he said he would do it for $1800 firm. I just don't know if that's quality price. The cars he was working on when I met him looked pretty good though?. Or how much does a blend jobby cost?. Is it recommended, or will it look like crap?. The reason is that some arsehole last labour day keyed my back fender and my hood has quite a few rock chips. The rest of the car is fine B)
I would prefer to strip and repaint... sandblast it, fill any imperfections, grind any signs of rust and start from scratch... a repaint's never gonna be perfect, but it'll be better than flaky stock paint
free if you bring it to my work and put it through the paint system without anybody knowing
crazikev,Apr 10 2005, 12:17 AM Wrote:free if you bring it to my work and put it through the paint system without anybody knowing
[right][snapback]100080[/snapback][/right]

Is that feasible?
not really, and it will be painted John Deere green too!
but i have heard stories of people putting things through the paint system, works out ptetty good