FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Home From Work This Morning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
And my head hurts. Actually, make that every major muscle group in my body. :blink:

SO.... I got bored on the Chicago-Toronto hop last night and made a 30 second promo video of my car. It came out rather well considering I had been screwing around with Panorama Factory earlier. PFactory ate 50% of my battery in 40 minutes :lol:

Now to the point... I'm screwing around this morning making a video on the killer box, and I wanted to know if you guys (being the more involved ones) wanted a promo video for FocusCanada.net. You could have it at most major meets, post it online, etc etc. I'm not even going to be vain and stipulate that my car has to be in the "promo" video, as I'm far from show quality. If I make it in near the end, I'm happy :) I'm also happy to host it for the club.

I'll need permission from everyone who wants their car in it. Or, Jay could email me a Zip of the cars currently in rotation on the main page, and we could start there. I'll be sure to credit all owners at the end of the video.

Also, this isn't a one trick pony. If you have some pics you want done up, and have / know the music you want them set to, let me know.

I'll post some preliminary work later this morning. I'm stuck using MS Movie Maker v.2 right now as my Premiere install went missing :(

So, post up if you're interested and want to be in it, and Jay / Steve / Jarrod / whoever else, let me know if using the current rotation is alright, too. :)
I have some video of my install to. Jay doing his welding, video of initial start up....that would be cool to add that with a clip of me bruning a G35. :ph34r: :headbang:
I'm almost done the "teaser"... and remember, this is the tip of the iceberg. I most certainly can mix video, photos, music, dub-in / twin tracks, etc etc. That's just with the crappy MS goodness.

I'll have two formats of the "teaser" - a high-quality one, and then a lowered-quality one for downloading.

Should be up in about 15 minutes for both. I'll post links.
OK... it's done, sorta. I can't get the font sizing for the titles to play nice. I stuck with one basic transition, but there's a whack of them to work with. Overall, it's not the best video possible, but it's not bad for 20 minutes of screwing around :)

http://teamx.webhop.org/files/Promo.wmv

PS - if I forgot someone that sold me some parts, I apologize in advance! I'm EXTREMELY burnt this morning.

It's about 8.5MB, 720x480 resolution. I viewed it in a few others, and it just didn't do it justice.
WTF?

I GIVE you parts and no props.

Last time I do something nice for this place. :lol: :P
Oh snap the door pulls!

Sorry!

I'll have that fixed up in a sec :D
holy slow downloading!!!

ill have pics of my car late this month, ill try to get them in rotation too...
Should be able to download at 60KB/sec easy, unless others are grabbing it too at the same time.
Not bad...if it were to be a promo video id say you throw in lots of different foci, and what flo said, put in some install pics. ANd maybe cycle the pictures faster...

i wasnt a fan of the music either :P

but good job dood, if you can do that in 20 min i wonder what you could do in a couple hours worth of work!!
I had it set to 5 seconds earlier for the pics, and then lengthened it to 10 seconds each. I appreciate the feedback though :)

I just wanted a (fairly) generic music video-ish sample of what could be done.

I'm always open to suggestions :D
Hey, get yer ass back to work. :twak:

I'm so hella busy I can't even go to Tim's for lunch. :wacko:
not working
could be because im on the school wireless though.
Oscar The Grouch,Apr 7 2005, 11:42 AM Wrote:Hey, get yer ass back to work.    :twak:

[right][snapback]99615[/snapback][/right]

Hey, get off the damn messageboards from work! :twak:

I'm officially home today, I called in useless :lol:

3 hours time difference + daylight savings time = FUBAR.
hey adam, are you able to clip together like a bunch of different vids instead of just pictures? I've seen it done before, i was just curious if it's possible with like little dude stuff we/you have :)
Yup, I can piece together different clips as well. We can leave them as-is, strip the audio and substitute your own, etc etc.
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 7 2005, 02:16 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Apr 7 2005, 11:42 AM Wrote:Hey, get yer ass back to work.    :twak:

[right][snapback]99615[/snapback][/right]

Hey, get off the damn messageboards from work! :twak:

I'm officially home today, I called in useless :lol:

3 hours time difference + daylight savings time = FUBAR.
[right][snapback]99643[/snapback][/right]

*Breaks out the small violin* :lol:
i think this would be a good idea, like having people with little clips of their cars doing whatever with a song going on in the background, and like, before a clip of your car or whatever, have a before and after picture
I'm open to whatever you guys want, and if anyone is ready and wants work done with clips, stills, or both - PM me. We can hook this up.

My monthly LAN party is tomorrow, and nothing does a good demonstration of Athlon64 horsepower like music video creation :D

Well... except maybe gaming ;)
I'm going to assume at this point that no-one wants in on this?

*shrugs* I would have thought this idea would be more popular.
Adam, I'd say give it more time.. Spring is just starting, and people are bringing their cars out, spring cleaning, and wheel changing now. It'll be a little while before everyone has some media they want put together. Or maybe if someone has a video camera and takes it to a meet they could get some worthwhile footage to add.
Pages: 1 2