FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Oil Press & Temp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so i am picking up some gauges ( oil Press And Oil Temp )

just wonder who has them and for oil temp did u run it off a existing sensor?

and is there a existing hole for the oil pressure sending unit? or am i going to have to drill and tap my oil pan ?
You can't read pressure from the oil pan. Easiest place I found is behind the engine by the starter.

There also is one by the head, but I find that one actually less convenient since it gets in the way of the coil. At the rear of the engine it doesn't get in the way of anything, and it really isn't that hard to get too...

Here is the location right by the starter, there also is the factory temp sensor just a few inches to the right in the photo below.
[Image: turbo_10.jpg]
I will be installing an oil pressure sensor and an oil pressure gauge sensor in the next few weeks on the WRX; where should I set the alarms. what is typical? In the old Sube normal oil pressure was 28 something over something, Newton metres I guess?

My bike was air to oil cooled so T was allowed to be very high in fact above 100^C so any water in the oil would boil off before the rad (very small 4 row).

I now know that the fan on the WRX radiator turns on at 96^C.
has hardcore mentioned theres also this one.. but, yeah its a bitch to remove the coil. Mine his tapped there with a 90 degree to the right with a hardline.. works fine..

might be easier to get to the one in the back, i just didn't want to go back there :P

not sure if yours is electric or mecanic

[Image: image050.jpg]
I switched my mech oil gauge for a electric one.

These things are racking up. Fuel pressure, oil, boost, ahhhh
mr squatch on focus fanatics has been helping me with alot of stuff going on with my car and he was trying to help me hook up the electrical oil gauge.

Heres what he said.

That's a good pic tho, you can see the factory sender on the right, and the hole he goes into on the left, you can see how the monster sender u got won't go in there. so if u take the factory one and put it on the left then screw your autometer one into the hole on the right you're set! you may have to add a little wire to lengthen it to reach, but i'm pretty sure it'll reach on its own. good find, i'm gonna keep that pic :P[/quote]

Props to hardkore for getting that nice pic. Helped me out :D