FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: So I Go To The Ford Dealer Today........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And what do I see at Al Palladini's:

[Image: 05-04-05_1649.jpg] [Image: 05-04-05_1648.jpg]

Sorry about the poor quality picks my camera phone was all I had. It had Florida plates on it and is for sale. I was talking with a sales guy and he said that they imported it from the states and is registered as a US car. They got it today and two people are already interested in it. I think he said the price they put on it was $400,000 Cdn and it will be the only one in Canada (thus far I guess). What do you guys think?
wow....but another wow!...400 000 dolla...crazy :o
wow, that is an amazing car.

i saw a Caddy CTS-V today, but it doesn't compair to that.
For $400,000 CDN, I'd rather buy a house.
ZTWsugardaddy,Apr 5 2005, 10:17 PM Wrote:For $400,000 CDN, I'd rather buy a house.
[right][snapback]99254[/snapback][/right]

I dont think the people interested in buying that car are worried about a house. :lol:
Better let my dad know, he would buy that in a flash........if he had $400,000 CDN. But what am I saying? Hes got all the money in the world with his business he's got running :lol:
Malby nice find! $400,000.00 here in London that's a lot of HOUSE dude!
the dirt on that car is worth more than everything i own! ... possibly
Buy two 1 bedroom condos in downtown toronto with that... add the taxes on and it's 1 bedroom + den :P
I could buy 3 decent 3-bedroom houses in the right part of town here in North Bay for that kind of cash.

I'd still take the car. :D
It's worth less than my house is now and the house cost half a GT to begin with, and that is since May 99 (5 years). Nobody here will convince me that car will double in 5 years (ex/$800,000).
I thought that these cars were supposed to cost 150k usd........thats huge markup
Nice find.

However if trends prove consistant... that car will be worht 8 grand next year! :lol:
ANTHONYD,Apr 6 2005, 08:50 AM Wrote:Nice find.

However if trends prove consistant... that car will be worht 8 grand next year! :lol:
[right][snapback]99331[/snapback][/right]

Yeah the way Ford's depreciate you will find them on the lots for about that much in the next couple of years ;)

Laterz :)
D-Dub,Apr 6 2005, 05: Wrote:I thought that these cars were supposed to cost 150k usd........thats huge markup
[right][snapback]99297[/snapback][/right]

They are actually around 120k. My plastic surgeon bought one and told me he was driving it once and then reselling for atleast double.

A car like this will only appreciate for all those sceptics and persons who don't follow fine autos. Speaking of green sedans and hyundai's, how's your appreciation going?
Costs $ to say "It's the only one in Canada"
meford4u,Apr 6 2005, 04:15 PM Wrote:Speaking of green sedans and hyundai's, how's your appreciation going?
[right][snapback]99411[/snapback][/right]
Stupendously because I didn't waste money on expensive cars. ;)

I said it before and will say it again, if the same money it cost to buy a collector car back in the 30', 40's, 50's ....whatever was invested in real estate or low risk market choices instead there would be ten to a hundred times more money today than the car would be worth today no matter how mint, so much so that one could buy a couple GT-40's, but not as an investment but just for shits and giggles.
meford4u,Apr 6 2005, 04:15 PM Wrote:
D-Dub,Apr 6 2005, 05: Wrote:I thought that these cars were supposed to cost 150k usd........thats huge markup
[right][snapback]99297[/snapback][/right]

They are actually around 120k. My plastic surgeon bought one and told me he was driving it once and then reselling for atleast double.

A car like this will only appreciate for all those sceptics and persons who don't follow fine autos. Speaking of green sedans and hyundai's, how's your appreciation going?

I didn't buy the Hyundai as an investment I bought it for reliable day to day transportation wich more than I can say for my old ZX3, as for appreciation how about buying a 1961 Austin Mini wagon last September for 4500.00 working on it all winter and getting it appraised for 25000.00 3 days ago, let's see your Ford Focus be worth that much in 44 years even if it's running or even in 1 piece. :P

Laterz :)
meford4u,Apr 6 2005, 05:15 PM Wrote:A car like this will only appreciate for all those sceptics and persons who don't follow fine autos.  Speaking of green sedans and hyundai's, how's your appreciation going?

Quite well thank you. My cars are worthles. Focus and Appriciation just don't go in the same sentance... I thought EVEN YOU would have known that. :lol: