FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Yeah Only One (2) Posts...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok I've only 1 ... now 2 :P post but I want too show my ride.... ok I need too wash my car I know...

[Image: P1130060.jpg]
[Image: P1130055.jpg]
[Image: P1130050.jpg]
[Image: P1130051.jpg]
[Image: P1130054.jpg]
I like the painted stockers. Looks so much nicer than... stock :P

Welcome, hope you'll stick around and join in the continually-evolving discussions here! :hi:
Looks really good. Im liking the rims to.

I would like to paint my gun metal and use them at the track.
Wow i wish i had a spare set of rims so i could do that to my stockers. They look really good
sweet stockers... that's definately on my "to do" list this summer
oh and :hi:
Looks really similar to mine, I've got a silver ZX3 with painted stock wheels too :D

We should start a club.
Not to hijack the thread but is it possible to paint your rims while they're still on the car?
habmann,Apr 5 2005, 05:42 PM Wrote:Not to hijack the thread but is it possible to paint your rims while they're still on the car?
[right][snapback]99225[/snapback][/right]

It wouldnt be easy, and you probably could only do a pretty shoddy job at best.. not to mention take a lot more time and awkwardness.

I had my car up on jackstands with the wheels off, painted them during the day and let them set overnight, put them back on and took the car down.
If I were to ever paint stockers, I'd find a way to Polish the lip. Then they'd look nice :) Other than that, I'm not a fan of painted stockers on silver cars when they dry that dark

but :hi:!!
Sweet ride man!!

Thats exactly what I was gonna do with my stockers, except keep the lip polished.

Welcome man!! I like to see more DIY's!!

Anything under da hood?
"Really cool idea" , when you paint them is it a good idea to clear coat them?
nice..

i am in the process of doing mine the same.. did you get the paint at canadian tire ;) ?

I did hehe.. 7$ a can.. up to 3 coats on each wheel with one can, my buddy did it with his and it looks awesome.. worth the 7$ at least.. my wheels are already all scratched and curb rashed and the clear coat is peeling off on one of the wheels so the dirt gets under it..

can't be worse :P I was also thinking keeping the lip polished.. not sure how it'll look

i think i might jsut do this tonight, im sick of these winter tires
Quote:Anything under da hood?

yeah there not alot thing under the hood for now :) .... I've ported my trottle body and add a short ram with K&N filter (the k&N filter will be put tonight :P)

the paint I used for my wheel is Duplicolor Wheel Coating Link!!!
and ClearCoat...

First -I've all sanded my wheel,
After i've spray 3 (maybe 4??) very thin coat of paint inside and outside the wheels...
After Each coats I've wait 10 to 15 min. just for waiting the paint to become thik
...After I've spray 4-5 coats of duplicolor clearcoat... again the same time too wait....... I've done this this winter soo I do not put the wheel back on my car until last week...... and here the result B)

I'm trying to think of a good way to polish the lip, but the more and more I think about it, the more I'm tempted to just polish the whole rim and give it like 6 coats of clear...
yeah duplicolor, exacly what i bought at canadian tire.. did one of mine yesterday and it looks very good.. i dont have the clearcoat though.. but im wondering if i really want it.. i like the sandy surface of the paint ;)
:welcome:

Looks good man.
Ok now my car is washed and My bolt is on... take a look :D

Pic #1
Pic #2
Pic #3
Pic #4
Pic #5
Pic #6
Pic #7
Pic #8