FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Smells Like Burning!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have that black insulation on the under side of my hood. For the past month, when ever I would run the car hard, and reve the s**t out of it, I would smell burning...Long story short, Did the brakes on the Focus today, popped the hood to check everything out, and found that the insulation was burning, and getting too hot from my header. Can I just pull this insulation off, and not replace it with anything, or because its getting so hot under there will it start to damage the paint on the other side of the hood. If I should replace with something, what and where can I get it from??
you can rip it off. If you noticed, they dont put it on any more. I was curious about it too. I ripped mine off the other day.
I also removed mine but I'm running the stock header with no heat shield.
Be careful!

Ask Focused (anthony) what running a header without a heatshield did to his paint on his hood.
OK, so is it alright to remove the insulation or not. I'm running a shhorty header, just to let you guys know. I really don't want to have my hood repainted. Who has done it and had problems, or had nothign at all???