FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What Should Be The First Things I Do
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was thinking coil overs, lowering springs (sumthing to lower my car!) and exhaust but the sad thing is i am a student hence i am poor haha i work at safeway! making 8 dollars an hour so hence money is tight but ideas people would be nice so i can have a place to start
suspension kit and tires (in whichever order you want).
Whatever you do, don't cheap out on suspension. Your ride quality will suffer greatly. Honestly don't cheap out on anything aftermarket for the matter but especially suspension. That ebay s**t is exactly that, s**t......
Lower it.

And don't skimp on the price. You get what you pay for!
I am a student as well. Took me a long time to build my car but you'll get there!

yeah, do NOT buy some 50 dollar cheap ebay coilovers they suck balls and you'll regret them later. Get some nice eibach sportlines (like me) for a 2 inch drop, or get a set of eibach pro kit for a 1.5 drop. Great springs do the struts and dampers while you are in there. do it once. do it right otherwise you'll end up wasting money going back in and doing it a second time.
Marction,Apr 4 2005, 05:22 AM Wrote:suspension kit and tires (in whichever order you want).
[right][snapback]98731[/snapback][/right]

:beerchug:
What about the SVT style suspension from FORD racing for $275 US. Has anyone put this on their ZX3?

DRyanC
DRyanC,Apr 4 2005, 10:13 AM Wrote:What about the SVT style suspension from FORD racing for $275 US. Has anyone put this on their ZX3?

DRyanC
[right][snapback]98805[/snapback][/right]

I think the drop is only 0.5" on the SVT substitue, although the performance is greatly improved over the standard ZX3.
dBlast,Apr 4 2005, 10:32 AM Wrote:
DRyanC,Apr 4 2005, 10:13 AM Wrote:What about the SVT style suspension from FORD racing for $275 US. Has anyone put this on their ZX3?

DRyanC

I think the drop is on 0.5" on the SVT substitue, although the performance is greatly improved over the standard ZX3.
[right][snapback]98822[/snapback][/right]

Some claim it's a 0.75" drop but I would say it's a 0.5"
i'd get the suspension
I definately agree...don't skimp on anything you do. That's why some take a while to build their cars to they're liking...I'd also agree on buying tires (and rims too if you wanna do that), I'd change the tires before anything else...
yeah good advice, do everything the right way the first time.. so you dont need to change after and you can do it in steps.. if its gonna be changed later, might as well wait
Tires and rims are appealing, but then the fender gap will drive you insane. If you're happy with the handling and have no will to make it a tire-scorcher, do the basic three in any order you choose - intake, header, and exhaust. Personally I'd do the header last. I'm quite pleased with the MBRP setup, and can't wait to get home and drive it some more. It's addictive :D

Adjustable cam gears are a decent way to adjust the powerband, and on the right budget and the willingness to run 91-94 octane, a SCT or Diablosport chip will really unlock your motor. As I've been told though, a chip with a custom program should be your last mod as it adjusts your engine's tune to account for everything else that has been done to it.

I'd also suggest a pair of underdrive pullies (25%) as a good, budget-conscious mod. I'm going to be doing them to my SPI (well, single pulley for the SPI) in a bit, budget willing. A 50% reduction is also driveable, except at night if you do nothing but idle the car. It's personal preference.

I like the call for the SVT full suspension upgrade. It's about 400CDN for everything before labour, and it makes sense. I'd also suggest a brake pad upgrade (doing mine in May with luck) to a pad with a better compound. Green Stuff pads are better for performance, and have a LOT less brake dust.
I think the first to do things should be.

#1 drop
#2 rims
#3 exahust
#4 intake

DRyanC

It's sitting in a box right now and should be on by the end of the month.
Hey Andrew, did you buy that SVT suspension from BAT? They had a great price on them when I was there.

Might not lower the car much, but what you want is better handling. Lower means more pot hole avoidance and bad winter driving.
meford4u,Apr 4 2005, 03:00 PM Wrote:Hey Andrew, did you buy that SVT suspension from BAT?  They had a great price on them when I was there.

Might not lower the car much, but what you want is better handling.  Lower means more pot hole avoidance and bad winter driving.
[right][snapback]98872[/snapback][/right]

Yes from BAT last fall, at the special price but via Chris at CTA Motorsports who is distributer for anything in the BAT catalog.

You hit it on the head, I had winter in mind when I picked it.
Let me know what you think about the SVT susp. upgrade, being a fellow 4-doorer and all. :)
personally, i'd go with tires first.... suspension and exhaust you should try to pick up used.. you'll save a lot! every single mod i've bought is used..
Ebay

yes or no?...these are lower springs so once down it doesn't come up correct
Pages: 1 2