FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Turbo Install Pics (updated, More Pics)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
:blink:

What a drive. Shitty weather from London to Toronto. Car held up good tho, stayed out of boost, and stopped for gas after 510Km :o, on a tank of 94. Glad I didnt lose any gas mileage with the boost!! Oil levels were fine, coolant was perfect.....good 6.5 hr drive to test out the setup. Worked pretty good considering it rained/snowed the whole 6.5 hrs of the trip.

Here are the pics from the easter week-end/Turbo Install @ JAYS200ZX3

Arrival:

[Image: DSCF0772.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0773.jpg]

Stock Flex vs. 2.5 Trubendz SS Flex

[Image: DSCF0774.jpg]

Stock cat after 95 000KM

[Image: DSCF0775.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0776.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0777.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0779.jpg]

Some pics of the unfinished JGS Log Style header

[Image: DSCF0780.jpg]
Turbo fitment

[Image: DSCF0781.jpg]

All cut up and ready to weld

[Image: DSCF0782.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0786.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0787.jpg]

Jay fitting the intercooler brackets

[Image: DSCF0784.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0785.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0790.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0789.jpg]
I did the ECU while waiting for Jay to finish welding...

[Image: DSCF0808.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0766.jpg]

:blink:

[Image: DSCF0767.jpg]

170 Thermostat

[Image: DSCF0807.jpg]

Mustang SVO PCV Valve

[Image: DSCF0806.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0793.jpg]

BOV pipe, not the prettiest, but it got tight and we had to make soem weird bends...

[Image: DSCF0804.jpg]

TB Pipe

[Image: DSCF0799.jpg]

Front bumper test fit....

[Image: DSCF0798.jpg]
Downpipe

[Image: DSCF0800.jpg]

TURBO!!!

[Image: DSCF0796.jpg]

New flex in....

[Image: DSCF0794.jpg]

Oil Return

[Image: DSCF0811.jpg]

Oil Feed

[Image: DSCF0813.jpg]

Stock Injectors pulled out

[Image: DSCF0817.jpg]

Stock vs Bosch 42's

[Image: DSCF0818.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0819.jpg]

All done

[Image: DSCF0820.jpg]

B)
Right on...... :)
Awesome and a big thumbs up for leaving the bottom grill on and not being show-offish: "hey look at my m4dd t1t3 FMIC". Thats a classy ride.

01-yellow-ZX3

Looks awesome, I know where to go now if I ever plan on going FI :P

A bit offtopic - did you know your car was in that bad of condition before hand? I have a thought that mine might be the same, but I don't really have any symptoms yet.
I've had the car since Oct 00. Bought it with 95kms on it. 100K is right about the point where I thought Id have to start replacing stuff....lol....so why not a Turbo kit. haha

The oil that you see all over my engine and oil seperator was from the rocker gasket leaking. Ford replaced that under warranty, but I think its leaking again....
Looks good.....post some ##'s when you get your dyno :)

Where do you mount your cat?
wheres the mustang pcv valve? part number?

did you just leave everything there and replace the valve?

they had to cut up all that oil separator but now caus the wastegate didn't fit with it on (hardcore how does your s looks now? or if you didn't modifiy it yet?) so now i only have a nipple on that just sticks out but pointing straight inf ront.. not the position i'd like since the other end is on the right of the block.. anyway

i was thinking about block off plate and 90 degree fitting threaded in..
Heres mine

Click Linky

A plate with a 90 may work, not sure if its going to dump allot of oil out of there for that setup tho...

well thats pretty much what you have.. what do you mean, do you think it might not be enough or more than enough ?

i can't really block it either..
BerinG,Apr 3 2005, 10:46 PM Wrote:wheres the mustang pcv valve? part number?

did you just leave everything there and replace the valve?

they had to cut up all that oil separator but now caus the wastegate didn't fit with it on (hardcore how does your s looks now? or if you didn't modifiy it yet?) so now i only have a nipple on that just sticks out but pointing straight inf ront.. not the position i'd like since the other end is on the right of the block.. anyway

i was thinking about block off plate and 90 degree fitting threaded in..
[right][snapback]98693[/snapback][/right]

The PCV is that silver thing in the nipple thing :lol: goes into the top of the oil seperator....

I think its from a 88 Mustang Turbo....not sure, Jay can give ya the part # for that......We got it at Canadian tire, I think it was $6.00.

We actually took a hammer to the oil seperator to make a little more room for the wastegate. Berin, we took the waste gate off the 14B and relocated it, made new brackets and everything....wish I took pics of that...

relocated it? mine was relocated too after the turbo was clocked but its still the best way to have it has it doesn't fit with the oil seperator.. you dont have a huge inventory of choices since the arm still has to connect at the same place you know

its too big anyway ;)
Awesome pics. Damned good job.
SWEET PICS!!!!

For the Mustang PCV valve, I think it's the 86 mustang. go to Canadian Tire and look up 86-88 Mustang and get the one for the turbo mustang.

One thing, if your PCV valve from Crappy has a black plastic top part, you can pull that off and it will look just like your stock one, so it's 2 seconds to replace after that.

When I did mine I didn't know and hacked the hose to make fit, take off the plastic piece and you're good.

It was an amazing weekend, I wish I had a TIG welder and a Bandsaw though. :(

Couple things we need to get fixed but we'll Get 'R DUN!!
Hey flo what deminsions are is that FMIC.
how much did the turbo kit put u back?
dmcisaac,Apr 3 2005, 11:26 PM Wrote:how much did the turbo kit put u back?
[right][snapback]98715[/snapback][/right]

Lets not talk about that one..... :P
FI = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I found that part out lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4