FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rear Disc Conversion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, for no reason other than vanity I have decided to do this. I just can't allow myself to put on my fancy 17's and still have rear drums.

I plan to just get the stuff from an Advantrac Focus and do it that way.

I am perfectly prepared to go to a dealer, say "do it" and maybe try to get a break on labour since they can have the car for a week if they wanted and just do it between other jobs. I am perfectly aware it wil be in excess of a $1000.

Having said all that if anyone here is competant enough to do it for me I will consider it. Just keep in mind I want full service just like a dealer. You provide the parts, I drop off the car, you install, I pick it up, you give me a bill I give you cash.

If anyone here works at a Ford Dealer (GTA-Hamilton) please have your shop quote me. If it helps, Wayne Pitman Ford in Guelph has done it to at least one Focus before (a rally car).

I would say if I get an attractive price that it is safe to say there may be other potential customers here?

Thanks
I know of a shop that can install the parts full deal 300 dollars for the labor plus tax but you gotta bring everything to the table. There are more than enough parts lists from focaljet or focusconnection you can use to guide you through it.

this guy has done rear brake conversions on things from neons, to integras, to his own civic and others. but like I said he is labor only. you go to the wreckers and find EVERYTHING that is needed.
ZOOM,Apr 3 2005, 10:58 PM Wrote:I know of a shop that can install the parts full deal 300 dollars for the labor plus tax but you gotta bring everything to the table. There are more than enough parts lists from focaljet or focusconnection you can use to guide you through it.

this guy has done rear brake conversions on things from neons, to integras, to his own civic and others. but like I said he is labor only. you go to the wreckers and find EVERYTHING that is needed.
[right][snapback]98706[/snapback][/right]
Time is money so I just want something "turn key"/"fire & forget". It is worth "more" to me that I drop it off and pick up rather than spend weeks researching and buying parts.
I'll do the hunting and finding and ripping of all the parts for you then. That is if you are willing to pay me obviously.