FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Led License Plate Bulbs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

01-yellow-ZX3

I'm going to be getting a set of these from this guy on FJ.

Mine get so corroded its rediculous, then they just burn out. I think this would be a nice alternative.

Several colors available also.

Group Buy anyone?

FJ Link
I'm in. I like how bright they are.

01-yellow-ZX3

I like how they look, and that they're actually functional and won't get corroded or burn out since they're LED's.
The problem is with the washer fluid running down the middle of the window causing the corrosion.

01-yellow-ZX3

I think its just the salt from the harsh winter, because I disconnected my rear washer fluid a couple years ago.

Anyways, these ones are going to be siliconed and waterproof, ridding of any corrosion problems.
Very very cool project, but you'd be just as well off buying the led bulbs

[Image: festoon200.jpg]

Most car shops and I think even Canadian tire have these... I've seen them in white, blue and red... need to pick some up myself.

01-yellow-ZX3

I've never seen this style of bulb for sale anywhere but the internet.

Supposedly that kind of bulb doesn't work very well in the hatch strip.
I have those myself al. I got mine off ebay. What the guy says is bullshit. The leds in my licence plate spots are so bright they illuminate the ground as well. I don't know what horseshit bulbs he is talking about but mine are super bright and don't look nearly as ghetto as that expoy'd s**t and wires.

01-yellow-ZX3

Whoa simmer dude, you always come across as so negative about everything.

If you read the thread, that was just his 'prototype', hes cleaned up the wiring since. And why does it matter if you never see it anyways.
Raine,Apr 3 2005, 03:08 AM Wrote:Very very cool project, but you'd be just as well off buying the led bulbs

Most car shops and I think even Canadian tire have these... I've seen them in white, blue and red... need to pick some up myself.
[right][snapback]98597[/snapback][/right]

I would get these, now that I have no leakage problem in my licence plate area (fixed with extra thick foam gasket) these also look like they'll fit the dome light too?

01-yellow-ZX3

I've got a led dome light bulb, and its very bright.

The license plate bulbs are much smaller though.
01-yellow-ZX3,Apr 3 2005 Wrote:I've got a led dome light bulb, and its very bright.

The license plate bulbs are much smaller though.
[right][snapback]98632[/snapback][/right]

ennng wrong. You can use the same size for both. If ur willing to bet I can pop both mine out at the next g2g and you can see for yourself.

I ordered 6 of the same LED festoon bulb. its a little tighter in the back but its not something that won't work.

01-yellow-ZX3

You can make it work, but they're different bulbs and different sizes altogether.

Dome light # 6411
License plate # 6418

The dome light is just larger diameter and longer.

And sure I'll make you a bet, seeing as I've never made it to a GTA G2G, and never plan on it. :lol:
its not even "making" it work man, its not a HUGE difference in size, its barely noticable. I'll pull mine out soon and take some pics the difference is nominal.

01-yellow-ZX3

Oh I know, I mentioned above that I've replaced them numerous times.
Raine,Apr 3 2005, 03:08 AM Wrote:Very very cool project, but you'd be just as well off buying the led bulbs

[right][snapback]98597[/snapback][/right]

So Canadian Tire has these for sure? If yes can I find them in the lightbulb section or are they a special location/order item?

01-yellow-ZX3

I'm pretty sure Canadian Tire doesn't have the LED bulbs.
My local crap tire didn't sell these. The only company I know that makes them is Varad. Other than them you are looking at some chinese company or what not. And Crap tire doesn't sell anything other than ractive / apc.