FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fan Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

01-yellow-ZX3

Fan Mod

Why would you want your fans on all the time?
Yeah I dont really get it either.. What's the purpose of this mod? If the fans were supposed to run all the time, wouldnt they be hooked up like this in the first place?

01-yellow-ZX3

Lol yah I hear ya guilty.

People with AC already have a switch in the dash to turn the rans on anyways. ;)
i bought an old swapped dub a while back.. they guy was having a problem with the rad fans not comng on and he was too lazy to track it down.. ended up just wiring a switch to turn the fan on manually and keep it on.. it didn't hurt anything, and the coolant temp never got 1/3 of the way to the right
This is the stupidest mod EVAR!!

WTF ??

Why would you do this, whats the point?? Am I missing some 10HP gain by not doing this mod??

:huh:
I went one step further and put my fans on an independant switch so even with the keys out, i could turn the fans on. For me it made sense ...i would turn them on between runs at the track to help the engine coll off better/faster in the summer heat....

but having them on all the time....overkill
My Chip makes my Fan come on alot sooner then before..
I assume its just to keep the engine running cooler all the time.