FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Another Car Impounded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just saw this posted on another site:

------------------------------------------------

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=646192

This is what happened:

"I got off at work at 4.30pm, I work on Denison and Warden. My daily routine is to go north on Warden and get on 407 (distance from Denison/Warden to 407/Warden = 1.3km).

After I made a left and was on Warden in my 350z, there was an old lady infront of me doing 40km/h in a 60 zone. I gave my indicator and half throttled and went in the right lane and found myself at a red light. At this point, I'm at McPherson. Light turns green and I'm driving and I pass 14th, all of a sudden, I see a grey Chevy Malabu beside me and there are 2 police officers telling me to pull over. It wasn't even an unmarked cop car, it was a regular Chevy Malibu. It had no screen between the back seats and the front, no lights, no radar dector mounted.

The police officer did not want to answer my questions from the first minute. I asked him what was wrong, he ignored my question and asked to to show my driver's license and registration. He looked at my license, smirked and partially laughed as he read my name out loud to himself.. He then sat back in his car...
Because these guys were in a grey car and were acting like complete asses, I called 911 to verify if they were actual cops... I had to walk up to the guy and ask him his badge number, with a lot of attitude, he said 'badge # 1148'. He stared me down as I walked back to my car. At this point, his eyes were going to pop out of his face.

Cop walks back up to me 10 mins. later and tells me that if he was me, I'd start calling a friend to pick me or else I'd be walking home. I got PISSED/UPSET.
"You're towing my car"?
"Yes!"
"Why?"
"You were stunt driving and driving over 50km/h over the posted speed limit"
"You can give me a ticket for anything, but I know there's no way I was doing 120km/h!, can I see the radar reading please?"
"No, I do not have to show you at this point!"

He goes back to his car and he's laughing at my situation with the other cop. Another cop car comes... now this is a piss off for me. I hate it when cops do this! We pay our tax money for this? Cops call their buddies to come check out whats going on. The only time its ok to call for back up is when they feel they are in danger or dealing with someone dangerous.
Wait... doesn't stop there! Another cop car comes. So now 3 cop cars, 4 police officers. They're standing outside and laughing, cracking jokes.

I called the Markham police station on McCowan, told them the situation.... I spoke to the Srg. these cops report to.... I told him there were 3 cop cars present to tow 1 car and to deal with 1 driver. The cop is not answering my questions and that I feel intimidated at this point but they're standing together and having a laugh about my situation. Srg. says that that is definately inappropriate and that he'll talk to the cops when they come in to see why all 3 are there. Now the other 2 cars leave after my call.

My wife and my brother arrive at the scene. My brother practically walked to me because he did not know how to get to me. The cop asks my bro for his license. My wife asks the cop why he has to check Mohammad now, what did he do? he does not reply and continues checking my brother in the system. She gets pissed and calls the same Srg. again! LOL My brother's license is quickly returned to him.

I went up to the cop while my wife was talking to them, I said to the cop...

"I hope you feel better... I know, and I know you 2 know that I was not doing 120km/h in a 70 zone. Thats way too fast and nearly impossible specially after 3 red lights! And I hope you atleast have a consience because you just ruined someone's day for no reason you!
"I'll tell you why I pulled you over! Its because of you I pick up dead babies off the floor!"
"People like me? I have a 10 month old nephew! People like what?!? What am!?!"
At this point... my wife was telling me to just walk away and forget it...

2 hours have gone by, tow truck is still trying to hook my car. 2 other tow truck drivers are there now, 1 flat bed, 2 regular tow trucks, all trying to figure out how to tow it. My car is so low that it took them over 2 hours to figure out how they'd tow it.

I enjoyed this part because the 2 pricks (cops) who were doing this couldn't leave until my car was towed, so they had to wait for 2 hours in their car until my car was hooked and had left the scene. They looked bored out of their mind, plus a little nervous because I had called their boss.

I later went to McCowan police station and filed a complaint against the police officer's conduct, where a 3rd party invenstigator comes and finds out whether the cop behaved inappropriately. Atleast he'll have 1 complaint under his badge now.

Moral of the story, don't take **** from cops. We have freedom of speech, and freedom of expression. We're a group who love cars. Just because cars are our hobby, and drive done up cars, this doesn't make us street racers/killers. Don't take **** from cops either. Don't be afraid to stand up when you know you did not do wrong!
I'm going to get the best lawyer to fight this.... and make sure I win this."
Who cares, cops go out of there way to look for ass hats. I bet you he had some fart can exhaust and racing stickers everywhere.
uuum no he is not youre typical ricer
car is very clean

[Image: nissan1.jpg]
[Image: nissan2.jpg]
[Image: nissan3.jpg]
^^s*** thats a nice looking car, cop was probably just jealous he's rollin in a Malipoo.

I still think cops look for ass hats.
Canadian ST,Apr 29 2009, 09:56 PM Wrote:^^s*** thats a nice looking car, cop was probably just jealous he's rollin in a Malipoo.

[right][snapback]286164[/snapback][/right]

I still think its too much power for police......I read that for this law a cop doesn't need a radar to get your car off the road for a week....They said that as long as the cop thinks that you're going over 50 then he/she can take your car with lisense....like wow
There's no need for them to back up their claims that the car was doing 50+ over. They don't have to show you the radar/laser gun, and I'm not sure if they have to have some sort of "back up" that says what the car was doing. They can write "165 in a 100" if they so choose and you're baked.

Speeding always has been a giant, discretionary loophole in the HTA. No government I've ever met wants to change it such that the onus is on the cop to prove that you were indeed going the speed he's charging you at.

Also, I'm not even going there over police officer kickbacks on police tows. <_<
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 30 2009, 05:50 AM Wrote:There's no need for them to back up their claims that the car was doing 50+ over. They don't have to show you the radar/laser gun, and I'm not sure if they have to have some sort of "back up" that says what the car was doing. They can write "165 in a 100" if they so choose and you're baked.

Speeding always has been a giant, discretionary loophole in the HTA. No government I've ever met wants to change it such that the onus is on the cop to prove that you were indeed going the speed he's charging you at.

Also, I'm not even going there over police officer kickbacks on police tows. <_<
[right][snapback]286172[/snapback][/right]

basicly we got no more rights while we are behind the wheel :unsure:
Don't drive like an idiot, you will be fine.
Canadian ST,Apr 30 2009, 07:50 AM Wrote:Don't drive like an idiot, you will be fine.
[right][snapback]286180[/snapback][/right]

I love people like you on the internet.....Its either you're hippocrate or just want to sound good...Everyone one of us at least once a month have to make a quick pass here or there.
NikiterZTS,Apr 30 2009, 08:52 AM Wrote:
Canadian ST,Apr 30 2009, 07:50 AM Wrote:Don't drive like an idiot, you will be fine.

I love people like you on the internet.....Its either you're hippocrate or just want to sound good...Everyone one of us at least once a month have to make a quick pass here or there.
[right][snapback]286181[/snapback][/right]

So you were with you friend when this happened, you know he was just passing slowly and the cops are just being retards?? It’s the cop’s word against your friends, maybe the cops are just being stereotypical?

As for passing everyone has does it (you, me, Nos...Etc) there had to be something to set the cops attention.

I will rephrase my last statement for you.
If you drive like an idiot watch out cops could be around.
I am sure you are aware that a modified car will more likely get a speeding/dangerous driving/street racing ticket then say a stock Taurus.
NikiterZTS,Apr 29 2009, 10:59 PM Wrote:
Canadian ST,Apr 29 2009, 09:56 PM Wrote:^^s*** thats a nice looking car, cop was probably just jealous he's rollin in a Malipoo.

[right][snapback]286164[/snapback][/right]

I still think its too much power for police[right][snapback]286165[/snapback][/right]

thats the problem I have with the law. Cop is a cop, judge, and jury all in the same instance. Thats BS. If he has a good lawyer he should be able to win this in court. A cop shouldnt be able to say I think he was doing 50 over. Theres some math to determine when someone is speeding, for sure, but they really need 2 standing points to determine that, and it has to be pretty exact. I dont think these guys would be able to calculate that driving behind the car.

Doesnt help the guy is brown.

Canadian ST,Apr 30 2009, 08:09 AM Wrote:

So you were with you friend when this happened, you know he was just passing slowly and the cops are just being retards?? It’s the cop’s word against your friends, maybe the cops are just being stereotypical?

As for passing everyone has does it (you, me, Nos...Etc) there had to be something to set the cops attention.

I am sure you are aware that a modified car will more likely get a speeding/dangerous driving/street racing ticket then say a stock '08 Focus.
[right][snapback]286183[/snapback][/right]

Fixed by the way :rolleyes:

Never was with him and never met the guy......but i know people who know him type of a thing.

And Nate you're completly right bud. If a cop has a bad day or he/she needs to meet their monthly quote I'm pretty sure they are gonna give out BS tickets so themselves can look good. :angry:
NikiterZTS,Apr 30 2009, 09:45 AM Wrote:

I am sure you are aware that a modified car will more likely get a speeding/dangerous driving/street racing ticket then say a stock '08 Focus.

Never was with him and never met the guy......but i know people who know him type of a thing.

And Nate you're completly right bud. If a cop has a bad day or he/she needs to meet their monthly quote I'm pretty sure they are gonna give out BS tickets so themselves can look good. :angry:
[right][snapback]286193[/snapback][/right]

;)
NikiterZTS,Apr 30 2009, 09:45 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]286193[/snapback][/right]

It's a known "fact" that most, if not all, police departments have quotas. Don't drive too hard when you know their monthly / quarterly quotas are due and you're fine.

But yes, the stock / stock-looking vehicle notion stands. I was pulled over on "the Bypass" last night when going to get the g/f at work. He hardly blinked at me while asking if I had had anything to drink.

If I had been in my RX-8 or modded Focus, it's almost certain I would have been pulled over due to their readily-apparent boredom.

Oh well, at least a Civic got pulled over. :lol:
Sounds like an odd situation....

Either way... if the guy is innocent, he shouldn't have to worry about it. File a complaint, take them to court -- and if he has a clean driving record, and they have no evidence against him, I'm sure he'll win and could likely pursue compensation.

yes, it sucks, but you gotta hope the system can work -- I hope he's saught legal counsel to see what his options are. If he's not at fault, and is certain of it beyond posting his side of the story on the web, then he's got nothing to fear.
There are some good cops and there are some A-Holes.... There is not thin line here.
I always get pulled over, checked out, and followed home by cops either its a under cover unit or just a normal marked one the will even follow into my drive way then pull a U-turn right in front of my house. Like they were just looking for something get me on.
I come out of my house some mornings and there is a cop on my street watching my car. When I do get pulled over I ask whats the problem/reason for pulling me over. They say there is a Blue Ford suspected of Street Racing and running red lights. Then they ask to pop the hood, I have nothing to hide so I do. Well then they ask whats that?
It's an air intake...
What was wrong with the stock one?
It restrcked the air flow...
Then they just so ok and hand back my licence just before they look under for a cat.
Scorcher000,Apr 30 2009, 12:21 PM Wrote:Then they just so ok and hand back my licence just before they look under for a cat.
[right][snapback]286222[/snapback][/right]

Maybe you shouldn't run over Cats. Thats your problem right there. To much ground clearance maybe? :lol:
I'll drop the car one day you ur lil jks will be useless Kev lol.
Scorcher000,Apr 30 2009, 01:21 PM Wrote:There are some good cops and there are some A-Holes.... There is not thin line here.
I always get pulled over, checked out, and followed home by cops either its a under cover unit or just a normal marked one the will even follow into my drive way then pull a U-turn right in front of my house. Like they were just looking for something get me on.
I come out of my house some mornings and there is a cop on my street watching my car. When I do get pulled over I ask whats the problem/reason for pulling me over. They say there is a Blue Ford suspected of Street Racing and running red lights. Then they ask to pop the hood, I have nothing to hide so I do. Well then they ask whats that?
It's an air intake...
What was wrong with the stock one?
It restrcked the air flow...
Then they just so ok and hand back my licence just before they look under for a cat.
[right][snapback]286222[/snapback][/right]

If you're popping your hood for city cops, it's just a matter of time before ignorance, disrespect and the random asshole of the day decides to make you walk funny for a week. Pack some lube in the centre console armrest, just in case.

Only the MTO and OPP can make you pop your hood.
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 30 2009, 02:05 PM Wrote:Only the MTO and OPP can make you pop your hood.

[right][snapback]286232[/snapback][/right]

Source?

There the police, they can do whatever they want now with these new laws.
Pages: 1 2 3