FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Shipping Car With Cn?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So im just trying to organize my trip home and to get the focus, but my buddy said that it might be cheaper to ship it out to toon town? Any body had experinece with this?

I phoned a moving company and they said by truck 4-6 days 771+gst...which i could drive it for less than that...so i wanna try with CN, might be cheaper?

any help would bring the focus home, and help a brother out...thanks guys
I would think Euro Ford Fan would be the only person here who would have done such a thing before, one of his cars is in Cali right now.
is MeFord around, didnt he ship his FocusTuning Car from BC??
my dad drives trains for CN, i know that they are extremely cautious with things like this, but you'd have to find a town with a ramp to get your car off, but i guess sask can do this, i'm not exactly possitive on the price, but you can get it down whenever you want, cuase so many trains are running at one time i believe
Buddy of mine sold his Spyder here in Saskatoon, shipped it to Toronto via train and I believe it was around $600.
meford is in florida, i think he shipped his by train. but they did some damage
scoobasteve,Mar 31 2005, 03:11 PM Wrote:meford is in florida, i think he shipped his by train. but they did some damage
[right][snapback]98064[/snapback][/right]

ya he had his shipped by train and they did damage to the front bumper, although his was really low I don't know about yours.
mines not low, no drop on it......yet... *insert shifty eyes here*

Chad do you know who he contacted for the shipping??

My whole situation is whether i should fly home and drive back or just ship it...

if i fly home i get to see family and friends, which i havent seen in like 7 months and get some time off...but if i ship it im saving between 500-700 bones...

*Napoleon Dynamite voice* GOSH

Ship it over Phil. Call CN or CP Rail and see how much it'd be
I know a company here in Yorkton that does vehicle shipping from province to province, but I'm not sure how far east they go. They will drop the car off at your door if you arrange it that way. PM me and I will get the number for you.
My brother and I have sold and bought a few Mini's out to Vancouver and it's ussually around 900.00 to truck the car either way.

Laterz :)
Im thinking i might juts fly out and drive back, it might be the only chance this year to see my family and friends...even tho saving 700 bucks is a good start on suspension and/or wheel set up....

ahhh well, ill just work like a peurto rican when i get back...
FociPhil,Apr 1 2005, 09:06 AM Wrote:Im thinking i might juts fly out and drive back, it might be the only chance this year to see my family and friends...even tho saving 700 bucks is a good start on suspension and/or wheel set up....

ahhh well, ill just work like a peurto rican when i get back...
[right][snapback]98244[/snapback][/right]

I like this idea of yours the best. Enjoy the scenary on the way back. Then your responible for what happens to your car.
yeah im a little paranoid too having them ship it...never know what people will do to your property
Searail was the company that destroyed my front bumper. But they paid for it and all is good now. It was 725 from Vancouver. They are the company for CN.
Actually no clue who or what he contacted to ship the car to TO. I don't talk to him much since he's about 2000 miles NORTH of Saskatoon (RCMP).