FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtb: Cheap Cold Air Intake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
everything included if possible if not, just piping and couplers, elbow, clamps..any CAI is fine, even cheap ebay ones.. let me know what you got

thank you!
I have bits and pieces of an AEM shorty. If your interested let me know, I'll snap some pics.
j3rt,Mar 31 2005, 04:31 PM Wrote:I have bits and pieces of an AEM shorty.  If your interested let me know, I'll snap some pics.
[right][snapback]98082[/snapback][/right]
nah i need a CAI.. thanks though
j3rt,Mar 31 2005, 09:31 PM Wrote:I have bits and pieces of an AEM shorty.  If your interested let me know, I'll snap some pics.
[right][snapback]98082[/snapback][/right]

I may be interested in that shorty. I have a filter already, what do you have? Send pics to caper259@yahoo.com

Thanks
I think ZX3TUNR might still have a Bomz CAI for sale, one of the ebay ones. Should shoot him a pm..
nah i asked him.. he told me him and a friend wanted to modify it but failed hehehe so they wasted it :lol:
ca_focus email sent.
so anyone have luck finding one for Ricky B)
BerinG,Apr 3 2005, 09:22 PM Wrote:so anyone have luck finding one for Ricky  B)
[right][snapback]98690[/snapback][/right]

Why not ebay? I think they are around $39USD for the cheap ass boms ones..
Hows this work for ya?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33659

prolly the cheapest place to find an intake
Please.. a COLD AIR intake.. not a shortram.. i need the piping from the cold air

sorry
There are a ton of CAI on ebay, just search for "focus intake". Lots of the BOMZ ones, like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33659

They're fairly cheap, but watch the shipping costs, most of them are at least $25US to ship. Either that or they raise the shipping charge and lower the price to minimize their ebay fees usually. That, and bringing them in from the states can have some extra fees for duty, etc.
Hello everyone - just signed up, im with toronto domestics and heard about the site

My side company is called HACKING CAT AIR INTAKES and I either design or can build you just about any air intake for the focus. I use 3/16" thick aluminium 3" piping and all your gaskets(or can get on demand) - i have a ztw wagon done up and my intake is tuned a little bit so it sounds almost as loud of some of these kids ricers.

Anyways im from barrie and i hope to meet up with the club soon as there are a lot of cars up north but nowhere to meet.

see ya

Craig
yeah i looked at ebay.. shipping pisses me off, some has much as 40$.. and thats through UPS and all he additional bull..

i have gotten one from a guy in montreal, was sent today, should be here this friday..

thank you

B)
Hey glad you found one - For anyone else I get 15' lengths so I can cut to length.

$15.00/ft plus the extras if needed.

Thought I would post anyways.

Hope to see ya at a meeting

Craig
focusnme,Apr 4 2005, 04:52 PM Wrote:Hello everyone - just signed up, im with toronto domestics and heard about the site

My side company is called HACKING CAT AIR INTAKES and I either design or can build you just about any air intake for the focus.  I use 3/16" thick aluminium 3" piping and all your gaskets(or can get on demand) - i have a ztw wagon done up and my intake is tuned a little bit so it sounds almost as loud of some of these kids ricers.

Anyways im from barrie and i hope to meet up with the club soon as there are a lot of cars up north but nowhere to meet.

see ya

Craig
[right][snapback]98887[/snapback][/right]

What are you doing for the MAF on your intakes?
changing the housing for the stock maf is not the best way.. but if you could just adapt the amf to your kits, i think that'd be ideal