FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Re: 05 Zx4 St's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure how many people have em on here, or how long you've had one for, but I'm wondering how they are overall, after owning one and driving it for a while...my parents are looking at buying one...and likely soon...just wondered if I could get some feedback about them...

Thx

Here's one review I found - seems like Ford has sorted oout the car.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/autos/col...61?OpenDocument
BOO-YAA!!! I'm pushing a year in the ST now had it since May 20, 2004 i didn't drive it for about a month and a half in the heavy snow season. I have 30,000kms on it and not too much to complain about. No major issues with it. There is a thing with long cranks when starting it but I find it only does it when I haven't let it idle down from high idle EG: moving it to a different parking spot in the driveway and shutting it right off. Umm I didn't like the factory in dash 6 disc, but that is a personal prefence. I like the jumpy acceleration it has, it hugs the road really good compared to a older stock ZTS/ZTW. If i had the choice of a ZX4 SES or an ST, I would take the ST over the others. It has more power, and the seating is the previous heated SVT seats with the large bolstering. The only major thing I hate about the car is the traction control, but there is a button to turn it off. I just wish it would stay off when you shut off the car instead of it re-setting. Over-all its the best handling and ride in a Focus that i have driven, I spent about 4000km in a 05 ZX4 SE automatic and it just pissed me off after being used to the ST's options. My car has the leather and suede, and the moon roof, its just like the poster child you see in the booklet you get from the dealer, and in my avatar.

Anything SPECIFIC you want to know??
Crazirich, what was that talk of a while back that you said you were gonna get rid of it and get a rear wheel drive car, did you change your mind?
Well Mr Kevin, I do miss my mustang very much, and yes i miss the rear wheel drive and yes there is a mustang coming in for trade that i could get an awesome deal on, so if the right deal comes along then it may be considered, BESIDES THAT, it doesn't mean that the focus doesn't get a good review. It is a good little car i just rant because i miss the RWD.