FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Track Day Rubber
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These are the options my tire guy gave me:

Toyo Proxes R888
Yokohama ADVAN A048
Bridgestone Potenza RE-11

Ivan MacKenzie.
imack,Apr 29 2009, 08:01 PM Wrote:These are the options my tire guy gave me:

Toyo Proxes R888
Yokohama  ADVAN A048
Bridgestone Potenza RE-11

Ivan MacKenzie.
[right][snapback]286150[/snapback][/right]

Get a new tire guy ... j/k ... one who can offer you the tires I just spent a weekend at Mosport on - Falken Azenis RT-615.

In both dry and wet I can't imagine any tire could do better ... not sure how long they will last (as track-only tires this wasn't high on my priority list) but they were relatively inexpensive (in the US anyway) and awesome performance.

Falken Azenis

I heard that Falken-615's aren't great in the rain from at least 5 people. But then again thats what I've been told and have never tried myself.

Other then that I'd choose Potenza RE-11's

or RE-01R's (if you can still spot some)
NikiterZTS,Apr 29 2009, 08:30 PM Wrote:I heard that Falken-615's aren't great in the rain from at least 5 people. But then again thats what I've been told and have never tried myself.

Other then that I'd choose Potenza RE-11's

or RE-01R's (if you can still spot some)
[right][snapback]286153[/snapback][/right]

I did two 35 minute sessions at Mosport in the rain Sunday morning ... and although I could imagine a dedicated rain tire being better, I was impressed with both the braking force and the turning force I could generate in the rain with the Azenis ... like I said, I can't make a comparison, but I can tell you that I was one of the faster cars in the wet and felt extremely comfortable with the grip I had.
I loved my azeznis in summer weather. Rain or shine, thye were the best tire I've had to date. Just wish they would last a little longer. :lol:
I've heard a lot of good things about the Falken tires. I ran my Bridgestone Potenza S03's (which they don't make anymore) at Toronto Motorsports Park in the dry and Dunnville Autodrome in the wet. Wicked traction. I was neck and neck with my buddy in his full roll cage civic running Falkens. I work for Firestone so I'd recommend going with the Bridgestone tires but the Falkens would probably be a lot cheaper.
what did you end up going with?
Haven't bought anything as yet. Don't have a planned track day until later in the year, so I'm not in any rush...