FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Do I Need A Camber Kit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thinking about getting dropzone springs which will drop my focus 2" in front and 2.2" in rear. Is this too big a drop to just be throwing in the springs without any other mods or should I go for about a 1.5" drop all round. I'm on a very limited budget so I can't afford any extra work done. Also, if I do get a 2 inch drop, will my 17's rub? Some people have said that they wont but I've heard that anything lower than 1.5" will have a possibility of rubbing.

Thanks

01-yellow-ZX3

17's with a high offest and a 2" drop won't rub. You will probably need a rear camber kit though. A 2" drop will blow your stock shocks quicker also.

Although you'd be safer to get a 1.5" drop all around, that way you wouldn't need a camber kit.
Again....this is kind of like 'save up for the good stuff if you can'.

If you can...save the extra $300.00, and wait for a group buy here or cf, or whatever. Stick around here and you'll find some sweet deals for stuff like that.

You won't be disappointed. You'll be glad you waited the extra 3-4 months to save up that cash. ;)

I mean...yeah you can buy some springs, at 2" they will probably blow your shocks soon....depending on how/often your drive, right there, your out another $200.00....see what im sayin?
Flofocus = voice of reason
I have an extra brand new eibach rear camber kit in box if you need it.
dabigmandan,Mar 30 2005, 10:53 PM Wrote:Flofocus = voice of reason
[right][snapback]97820[/snapback][/right]

haha, Its cuz I saw your post about your age, and if I had someplace like this when I was your age, it would have saved me from a LOT of mistakes. Voice of reason or voice of experience :iono:

I think its voice of experience. ;) :lol:
Dropzone's are completely JUNK!

Stay away!! Get something better. You DO NOT want to cheap out on suspension parts, your ride quality will severely suffer.
If your on a limited budget, go with these....

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...wtopic=9471&hl=

It's VERY HARD to beat the quality of Eibach for the price. The Eibach Prokit IMO is by far the best all around lowering spring for a daily driver out there. Very hard to beat and extremely popular among the veterans in the modding world (as opposed to a highend set of coilovers, but for coil springs, very hard to beat).
S2,Mar 31 2005, 10:59 AM Wrote:If your on a limited budget, go with these....

It's VERY HARD to beat the quality of Eibach for the price.  The Eibach Prokit IMO is by far the best all around lowering spring for a daily driver out there.  Very hard to beat and extremely popular among the veterans in the modding world (as opposed to a highend set of coilovers, but for coil springs, very hard to beat).
[right][snapback]97946[/snapback][/right]

Match those with their shock/strut combo and your set. B)
Flofocus,Mar 31 2005, 09:01 AM Wrote:
S2,Mar 31 2005, 10:59 AM Wrote:If your on a limited budget, go with these....

It's VERY HARD to beat the quality of Eibach for the price.  The Eibach Prokit IMO is by far the best all around lowering spring for a daily driver out there.  Very hard to beat and extremely popular among the veterans in the modding world (as opposed to a highend set of coilovers, but for coil springs, very hard to beat).
[right][snapback]97946[/snapback][/right]

Match those with their shock/strut combo and your set. B)
[right][snapback]97947[/snapback][/right]

Oh Hell YA!!

But the nice thing about the Prokit is the 1.5" drop isn't low enough that you really require aftermarket dampers, struts, etc. You can get away for at least a year or so with the stock dampers with the Pros. I am still running the stock dampers (cause at the time I couldn't get the dampers due to the HUGE backorder they had) and the ride quality is still awesome (this after about 8-9 months including winter). I plan on swapping out the stock dampers this spring, early summer with the Eibach ones.

Basically if your going for a lowered look at a cheap price, you can get away with just the springs for the time being. Of course it's recommended that you do it all at once but for some, its hard to come up with $600-$700 for the setup plus installation somewhere.
Ya $600 - $700 is completely out of the question. I'm a student at UofT, that should tell you enough (always taking advantage of students). I PMed P-51 (guy who is selling springs) and we're gonna see if we can work something out. Once again, YOU GUYS ARE FRIGGIN AWESOME!
dabigmandan,Mar 31 2005, 09:09 AM Wrote:Ya $600 - $700 is completely out of the question. I'm a student at UofT, that should tell you enough (always taking advantage of students). I PMed P-51 (guy who is selling springs) and we're gonna see if we can work something out. Once again, YOU GUYS ARE FRIGGIN AWESOME!
[right][snapback]97952[/snapback][/right]

Honestly that is your best choice. Smart Smart move..... good luck with the hopeful purchase. That is an awesome price on the springs also, I paid about $275 shipped from the states which was a huge deal cause I believe they are around $330 or so. Even more at http://www.steeda.ca