FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Getting My Springs ..question?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm got my Eibach spring today and I'm getting em installed on Friday. The shop I am going to was recommended by a number of people I trust and it was closest to my house!!

What I am wondering is: He told me it'll be around 3-4 hours and he's charging me $150.00 Tax in, Alignment is at another place...$45.00

Are these good prices? Cause I think it sounds pretty decent and I also think I got my springs for a decent price at $330 (Pro-Kit)

what do you all think..?
Eibach Springs are top notch stuff. As far as it taking 3-4 hours I think that's bullshit. Myself not being a mechanic could do it with the proper tools in about 2.5 hours. That said $150 is really not that bad a price I paid a friend of mine $100. $45 for an alignment is pretty decent also.
3-4 hours....no way....

I did my FK kit in less than 3. That was my first time doing a suspension swap.

01-yellow-ZX3

Mine were done in 2 hours. $150 is a decent price though.
$150.00 is a good price. forgot to mention that.
I'm most likly doing springs too, got any ideas where I can buy/rent a spring compressor around the GTA area? I like to do everything myself cause doing it yourself is the only way to learn correctly. I was looking at some coilovers, i'd hate to have my car on the ground in the winter, even if it was just a 2" drop
Got my springs brand new for $275 shipped taxes in.
Got my springs installed and alignment for just under $200 at the dealership.
if the total package is done for under 200 paul I think ur in good hands

if it takes them 10 hours and still costs you 150 bucks who cares. well yeah I'd care but you get the idea.

post pics when ur done :D
Got my 2" drop $200 even.

Install was free.
Okay guys sweet!

So, for the most part, i'm in the right ballpark....and the amount of time might be less...

thanx for the input..
probably a little late but I would say that your getting a good deal on both the install and alignment. Don't forget they may say 3-4 hours but it probably won't take that long they have to over estimate so they don't look like idiots if it's not done in time.
It has taken me close to 12 hours and 4 guys...and we still can't get em' in! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have an appointment with Northern Motorsport to do them in the spring.
ANTHONYD,Mar 31 2005, 10:43 AM Wrote:It has taken me close to 12 hours and 4 guys...and we still can't get em' in! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

[right][snapback]97940[/snapback][/right]

How come their so hard?
Flofocus,Mar 31 2005, 09:03 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Mar 31 2005, 10:43 AM Wrote:It has taken me close to 12 hours and 4 guys...and we still can't get em' in! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

How come their so hard?
[right][snapback]97949[/snapback][/right]

Yeah wondering that also..... ??
i'm getting Sportlines for about $280, and installing my self. Focus Central is advertising them for $199 US and that turns into around 255 CDN, but then i'd have to ship them and wait.... so i thought NO, $30 bucks in shipping or just $30 buck extra from another place same money but i get them sooner
S2,Mar 31 2005, 11:06 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Mar 31 2005, 09:03 AM Wrote:

How come their so hard?
[right][snapback]97949[/snapback][/right]

Yeah wondering that also..... ??
[right][snapback]97951[/snapback][/right]

The rear bolts just don't want to come undone. I need to get a guy with an impact gun with some balls. I reamed on them for hours and couldn't get them all the way out far enough to remove the springs.

Ask Darkpuppet. :lol:
Crazirich,Mar 31 2005, 10:48 AM Wrote:i'm getting Sportlines for about $280, and installing my self.  Focus Central is advertising them for $199 US and that turns into around 255 CDN, but then i'd have to ship them and wait....  so i thought NO, $30 bucks in shipping or just $30 buck extra from another place same money but i get them sooner
[right][snapback]98001[/snapback][/right]

Remember also you'll get hit with a $50 or so brokerage fee from the parts coming from the states (FC) to Canada here.....
YEAH, I forgot about that, they'll probably lose them at the border too
hey save some of your money crazirich, so i can beat you at gokarting again :lol: