FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: B3 Vw Passat Lip On Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Local guy posted this on our local site

Quote:I just read a post from a passat owner. He put an OEM lower front lip spoiler from his old B3 VW Passat onto his 2002 SVT Focus. Here is what he said about it, and some pictures...

Originally Posted by passat guy
i though id try and put it on my svt focus. To my surprise, it fit fairly well with little modifications, cut about 3 inches out of the middle then just screwed it to the factory front lip. The curves arent perfect but it definitely looks different

[Image: b3frontlip.jpg]

[Image: b3liponfocus.jpg]
i actually really like that WOW
i have a SVT lip laying around i think i need to find that spoiler
The VW guy here can get them for $75
I wonder if that would work on the bottom of a ZX3 bumper. That looks super hot.
It looks alright.

A good cheap never-been-done mod.

Nice work!
Saw this posted on Focusfanatics.. I think it looks pretty ghetto, but the guy who did it says he plans on joining the lips together and smoothing out the seam between them. It would look better if the edges of the lip actually came all the way to the wheelwell, and if it stayed straight where it was cut to narrow the lip.

It could look good with a little work though, but right now it just looks like you took a lip from a car with a different shaped bumper and stuck it on to the bottom of your stock lip. It should look like it belongs on the car if it's joined together, but I dont know if fiberglass would bond to the rubbery lip on the SVT.
Yeah I agree with Guilty, I don't like it, seen it on FF earlier today or yesterday.
As always, it's personal preference. That ZX3 with the Sobey's-style wing is a prime example.

I'm quite undecided, personally. Not sure what to make of it. :huh:
Not bad but why cut it in the centre when
you could cut 1"1/2 either side of the scoop on the lip.
Looks quite flexible almost rubber like than ABS.
Penwraith,Mar 29 2005, 09:25 PM Wrote:Not bad but why cut it in the centre when
[right][snapback]97433[/snapback][/right]

If you cut out part of the center, you only have to reattach at one point, if you cut out parts from either side, you have to reattach it in two places. Also, the scoop part of the lip may have been too long then also.
guilty,Mar 30 2005, 02:25 AM Wrote:
Penwraith,Mar 29 2005, 09:25 PM Wrote:Not bad but why cut it in the centre when
[right][snapback]97433[/snapback][/right]

If you cut out part of the center, you only have to reattach at one point, if you cut out parts from either side, you have to reattach it in two places. Also, the scoop part of the lip may have been too long then also.
[right][snapback]97474[/snapback][/right]

"Yah" but the less noticeable in the little curves! The scoop would look perfect not bent. the "Wider" scoop would look sweeter!
If you look closely where he cut it in the moddle, It does look a little ghetto.
ANTHONYD,Mar 30 2005, 10:08 AM Wrote:If you look closely where he cut it in the moddle, It does look a little ghetto.
[right][snapback]97564[/snapback][/right]

Yeah that's what I was saying.. like the way it has a little sag at the cut. If it was reinforced straight and the cut seam smoothed out, it could look really good. The shape of the lip itself looks good, it's just the fitment that doesnt work.

Also you'd have to blend the edges towards the wheelwells so it doesnt just suddenly stop short.. but yeah it's got potential, just dont know if you could use fiberglass on that stuff and have it bond.
In all honestly, looks like s**t. Looks like someone just stuck it on there, not really flowing with the car at all.
looks like penis to me, he should have just kept the original lip on there.
You're one :unsure: "falic" :unsure: comment after another! :blink: :D
looks good i think.. not very clear but .. would like to see it on a normal lip