FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Are Svt's Hard To Sell?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I saw a brand new 2003 SVT 5 door @ Summit Ford. It was for sale and I believe that it had little or no kilometers on it. that must be a deal considering the 2006 models will be out soon.
I think it's the cost. For the average person not into 'performance' it's hard to justify the price difference for a nicer looking car and a leather interior.

Either way, with the 2005's out, most people wouldn't even look at a 2003.
can I see some info on a 2006 svt?
I dont think he meant 06 SVT he was stating in general that the car would be now 3 years old. SVT isnt releasing another SVT probably until 07 or 08 when the redisgn happens.

I think the price is the big thing, I paid $17gs plus tax for mine with 9000k, i bought the SVT since it was already modded and my Statefarm policy will no longer insure modified cars. So this was the best alternative. Trust me I drove some ZX3's which were around 12gs to buy for an 02 and for the 5000 extra it was worth it. I mean there have been many arguements here before about worh it or not and what you get. Lets not start that again.

Overall the SVT Focus did not do well in the market, why??? all the reviews were great, its a fun car and still was less than the CIVIC SIR and the GTI.

David
MAlby7,Mar 29 2005, 05:00 PM Wrote:............considering the 2006 models will be out soon.
[right][snapback]97347[/snapback][/right]

Don't bet the farm............. :lol:
svt's are discontinued. well for now
I think one of the major problems with the SVT these days is that It's tough to justify paying what they ask for them considering there are way better choices out there for around the same money.
another reason is that price you pay more for an svt you can get a used zx3 for cheaper and with the money you save make the zx3 faster then the svt.
haha but svt > zx3.... did your car come with a certificate :lol:
ZX3TUNR,Mar 29 2005, 09:27 PM Wrote:another reason is that price you pay more for an svt you can get a used zx3 for cheaper and with the money you save make the zx3 faster then the svt.
[right][snapback]97402[/snapback][/right]

This was my thought the day they released the SVT.

With the crazy money you saved by buying the ZX3, you can flop the moneys into mods.
ANTHONYD,Mar 30 2005, 11:49 AM Wrote:
ZX3TUNR,Mar 29 2005, 09:27 PM Wrote:another reason is that price you pay more for an svt you can get a used zx3 for cheaper and with the money you save make the zx3 faster then the svt.

With the crazy money you saved by buying the ZX3, you can flop the moneys into mods.
[right][snapback]97549[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but you dont get the sexy interior. And it is sexy.
Flofocus,Mar 30 2005, 12:00 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Mar 30 2005, 11:49 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]97549[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but you dont get the sexy interior. And it is sexy.
[right][snapback]97556[/snapback][/right]

You got me there.

I do like the SVT interior.
LOL. Im looking at it in a performance point of veiw but ya the interior is nicer. Nothing a can of paint and some sand paper cant fix.
ZX3TUNR,Mar 30 2005, 10:37 AM Wrote:LOL. Im looking at it in a performance point of veiw but ya the interior is nicer. Nothing a can of paint and some sand paper cant fix.
[right][snapback]97579[/snapback][/right]

...... and seats, and pedals, and steering wheel, and ebrake handle, and trim pieces (doors) and....................
S2,Mar 30 2005, 12:41 PM Wrote:
ZX3TUNR,Mar 30 2005, 10:37 AM Wrote:LOL. Im looking at it in a performance point of veiw but ya the interior is nicer. Nothing a can of paint and some sand paper cant fix.

...... and seats, and pedals, and steering wheel, and ebrake handle, and trim pieces (doors) and....................
[right][snapback]97580[/snapback][/right]

true. :lol:
ZX3TUNR,Mar 30 2005, 12:37 PM Wrote:LOL. Im looking at it in a performance point of veiw but ya the interior is nicer. Nothing a can of paint and some sand paper cant fix.
LOL, no way sandpaper, paint and elbow grease will get you an SVT interior. :lol: Good one. :lol:
There's something about the SVT interiors, they are beautiful. I checked out Tyler's SVT the other day, damn, night and day compared to a typical ZX3 or focus interior. Console is different also, the leather on the shift boot and ebrake also is different and obvious things like the extra gauges, etc......
S2,Mar 30 2005, 01:10 PM Wrote:There's something about the SVT interiors, they are beautiful.  I checked out Tyler's SVT the other day, damn, night and day compared to a typical ZX3 or focus interior.  Console is different also, the leather on the shift boot and ebrake also is different and obvious things like the extra gauges, etc......
[right][snapback]97600[/snapback][/right]

Oh yeah for sure S2....

I love Mark's interior of his car, seems that much more well put together. Just looks better made....lol...I doubt it really is, but everything 'feels' more solid.
Flofocus,Mar 30 2005, 11:11 AM Wrote:
S2,Mar 30 2005, 01:10 PM Wrote:There's something about the SVT interiors, they are beautiful.  I checked out Tyler's SVT the other day, damn, night and day compared to a typical ZX3 or focus interior.  Console is different also, the leather on the shift boot and ebrake also is different and obvious things like the extra gauges, etc......
[right][snapback]97600[/snapback][/right]

Oh yeah for sure S2....

I love Mark's interior of his car, seems that much more well put together. Just looks better made....lol...I doubt it really is, but everything 'feels' more solid.
[right][snapback]97602[/snapback][/right]

Yeah exactly, it's literally like a different car. I swear the carpet and the other materials are better as well.
A custom ZX3 interior > then a stock SVT interior.

SVT = over rated and waste of money if you plan on modifying the car..
Pages: 1 2 3 4