FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: It's Official-expect The Letter Any Day Now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Transport Canada's latest recalls

Ottawa, Ontario - Transport Canada has released the following recalls for specified vehicles.

2000-2002 Ford Focus
Vehicles affected: 91,800
Certain Ford Focus four-door and five-door models originally sold or currently registered in Newfoundland and Labrador, PEI, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Quebec and Ontario may have corrosion build-up that causes the latches to bind. Dealers will inspect and lubricate latches that pass the inspection, or replace those that do not.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/050329-2.htm
YES, no ZX3's!!
Not shocked the 2000 model is listed in there.....
This recall only covers corrosion around the latch, and as far as I knew, it was just for the tail gate; it was brought to our service department's attention a couple months ago I think. But I could be wrong because it doesn't affect any of the Western Provinces.
That doesn't sound like a recall...it might be called that, but that almost sounds more like a TSB...

Still, I'm with Fociphil....Yes! No ZX3's! lol!
this is old news :P

I noticed the zx3s run into way less problems..
I'm listed, but lazy. Next oil change I'll have it addressed. I looked at my latch mechanisms, nothing noticeable there.
I've had mine swapped out already.
ANTHONYD,Mar 29 2005, 01:16 PM Wrote:I've had mine swapped out already.
[right][snapback]97284[/snapback][/right]
Damn, so i guess the counter doesnt get reset :P
scoobasteve,Mar 29 2005, 02:25 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Mar 29 2005, 01:16 PM Wrote:I've had mine swapped out already.
[right][snapback]97284[/snapback][/right]
Damn, so i guess the counter doesnt get reset :P
[right][snapback]97288[/snapback][/right]

That counter was reset the LAST time this recall went public.
this is sorta a seperate one. i dont think the numbers were included in the original 360,000
Does this have anything to do with my door handle on my passenger side staying open even when the door's closed? Also the fact that you have to pull on the door handle 30 times before the door opens with it?
zx3's ....less problems haha...funny...mine always breaks, first of all my tranny fell out but that was my buddies fault...haha...and then my left tire eroded and became flat....and then my locking collum didn't read my key then my left tire broke again and as of like three days ago my close gas cap light won't go off...hence hah stupid ford this is all since like october ;)
MAlby7,Mar 29 2005, 04:35 PM Wrote:Does this have anything to do with my door handle on my passenger side staying open even when the door's closed?  Also the fact that you have to pull on the door handle 30 times before the door opens with it?
[right][snapback]97340[/snapback][/right]

Ya, what's up with that?... I've got same prob with my zx3
whoo hoo!! Mine is 03 :D doesn't involve me :) I've only had 1 recall for heated seats during the past 2 years i've owned the car :D
My 2003 drivers side door latch in cold weather grabs. So I need to carry an extra key just in case.(might be an alignment lock mechanism?)
Dealership only"10wd40ed" the crap out of it.
Is it common for Focus' to be recalled?? :unsure:
My notice arrived in the mail yesterday, Friday April 1st.

ISN'T IT IRONIC, DONT YOU THINK?

The letter says the parts won't be around till May.
DD1,Mar 30 2005, 08:46 PM Wrote:Is it common for Focus' to be recalled?? :unsure:
[right][snapback]97772[/snapback][/right]

I hope to gawd you are being sarcastic.... :huh:
Yay! another recall