FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What Tires Should I Get?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK guys, I need 4 summer tires... 17 inches, and I need them relatively cheap. I know what the arguments are gonna be (don't trust your life to cheap tires, save money and buy a set of good tires) but I really don't drive all that agressively and need the tires sooner rather than later.

Any suggestions on where to get them and what to get... also, is there a place where I can get used tires... not too used of course

thanks
Look in the phone book for Steelcase Tires'n' Mags, call them, ask for Dave, tell him you are in the Focus club and see if he can hook you up for some inexpensive all seasons but truth be told once you get to 17" there isn't many cheap options.

They do a huge volume of business, also ask him if he will keep and eye out for some gently used 17's in your size. He is also in contact will MANY dealers and may be able to find some "dealer take offs" (17's that were put on at the factory but removed by dealer because the buyer wanted to upgrade to 18 or whatever).

Then there is rubberman who posts here. He is in London or Guelph or something. He may be worth the drive and gives out awesome deals on new skins for us.
sweet... thanks very much.
And now I put out a call for rubber man... HEY RUBBERMAN, I NEED SOME SKINS!
You Can go to Hesmer Motorsports at 42Easton Rd in Brantford...He wanted to sell me some Hercules (tread pattern is like Khumo Escta Supra 712 and/or Bridegestone Potenza SO-2's...very sporty) or Nexxen Tires....215/45 ZR 17's...$135 each...how does that grab you? Myself, I'm looking at the Fuzion ZRi's in that size, and also the Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval's too...I got quoted $175 each for the Fuzions...and $248 each for the Firestones...

But, like I said, you could try contacting Hesmer in Brantford...and ask about the tires he's got...

519-756-8605...

hope this helps
:)
I recommend the khumos, they seem to grip alright for me.

I could def use a stickier tire now tho. <_<
Goodyear Integrity... great stocker tire, decent stick and decent mileage.
:D thanks a lot guys!
You've all been a great help... I've also got my mechanic freind workin on a set of tires for me... he gets em a bit cheaper so we'll see what happens
thanks again :banger:
I too need some 16" summer rubber..
If you guys want another "Group Buy" from Steelcase, let me know. Steelcase Tires is in Markham.

I just put through a few orders for SVTOA-Toronto. I'm getting a set of Toyo Proxes 4 for next Friday and their sponsorship for our On Track event.

The Nexxen tires are, if I recall correctly, Chinese Eagle GSD3's.

Kumho Escta 712's are a great bang for the buck. Expect about 60,000 km at the MOST, if you rotate them every 5,000 km, keep an eye on alignment, and the such. You'd be looking at about under $150 from Steelcase.

You could also try Falken Ziex 512's as another inexpensive option.

Board opinions slant the Yokohama ES100s to be mediocre.
Hey Gapboy, How much you pay for the proxes 4?. I'd be in on a group buy if anyone's interested.
the toyo proxyes 4 are crazy sticky tyres....I ripped around in a honda that had these tyres and man they kick some serious ass!!

Dry pavement or rain they are very very sweet rubber...