FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Can You Take Off The...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: rear.jpg]
i don't no what to call them but i want to call them decal things...haha the Focus on the left of the license plate and the zx3 on the right can u take them off clearly like u can the ford sign cause its just a sticker. or is there holes in the back
I'll tell you only if you promise to remove the license plate surround at the same time. Have we got a deal?
Use dental floss.

And then remove any reminance with some goo gone or WD-40

And remove the licence plate surround while your at it.
Heh, I'm going to have to agree with 2001ZTS about the plate frame..

But yeah, the "focus" and "ZX3" badges are just held on with adhesive, you can remove them and clean off the residue easily.
THAT NOT MINE haha its green eww and i don't like the lights haha...mine is blue and boring...
wait until summer time. i took mine off and actualy move the ZX3 to the other side, right under the focus. it was a hot summer day and my car was sitting in the sun for a bit. no resedue and no marks what so ever.

Lates Mo
A couple of guys have actually put the "Focus" on their dash... looks nice
Park it in the sun on a warm day. Dental floss and a hairdryer.
I thought i'd read that googone eats off the clear coat, i had some but didn't use.
My pressure washer stripped mine right off....
debadged!!

[Image: focus04.jpg]
Dumbasses............if you want to de-badge just hit it with a hair dryer. Hell, my Ford installed ones fell off sitting still in my driveway.
debadging is the only way to go. Did it to all my cars past, present....and yes future.
[Image: IMGP0740.JPG]
[Image: ae102-new-rear.jpg]
[Image: camry-rearright.jpg]
[Image: voyager-rear.jpg]
[Image: neon-rear.JPG]
[Image: corolla-rear.jpg]
Here's where I put mine:

[Image: 6.jpg]
MAlby7,Mar 28 2005, 11:31 PM Wrote:Here's where I put mine:

[right][snapback]97174[/snapback][/right]

where can I buy the silver trim on your door...not the one on the handle..the one on the door.
Jaspher,Mar 28 2005, 11:41 PM Wrote:

where can I buy the silver trim on your door...not the one on the handle..the one on the door.
[right][snapback]97178[/snapback][/right]

I took that off and painted it. You have to melt the hook off of the back and pull it off. It's a lot of work but the stock grey did not match the rest of my interior so I had to do it.
MAlby7,Mar 29 2005, 12:55 AM Wrote:
Jaspher,Mar 28 2005, 11:41 PM Wrote:

I took that off and painted it. You have to melt the hook off of the back and pull it off. It's a lot of work but the stock grey did not match the rest of my interior so I had to do it.
[right][snapback]97196[/snapback][/right]

I don't have piece in my sedan

[Image: focus09.jpg]

I did that with my Focus badge too, then one day while my car was in for Service, The Ford tech decided it would look nicer on the back of my car instead, so he actually took it off my dash and re-attached the badge to my hatch, not to mention, the adhesive was all gone by that time, and they fell right off again.
Jaspher,Mar 28 2005, 09:41 PM Wrote:where can I buy the silver trim on your door...not the one on the handle..the one on the door.

That part of the door panel was made like that for certain years, my 2002 ZX3 doesnt have it either.
We can all debadge our Focus, but everyone out there will still know what it is :o
Quote:I did that with my Focus badge too, then one day while my car was in for Service, The Ford tech decided it would look nicer on the back of my car instead, so he actually took it off my dash and re-attached the badge to my hatch, not to mention, the adhesive was all gone by that time, and they fell right off again.
[right][snapback]97203[/snapback][/right]

My hats off to that tech. B)
Pages: 1 2