FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Sgi Claim Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I took my car in to get the damage appraised this morning for the damage it took 2 weeks ago. For all who didn't see, the spoiler ripped off and went under the car damaging the front bumper, spoilerp of course, the tire gaurds in the wheel wells and some other plastic guard under the car. I didn't realize the damage was so extensive! It was appraised at $1300 in damage and that just floored me, but the guy said it adds up quickly. It looks like they are going to repaint the entire spoiler which will be hella sweet.

My deductible is $350 this year + the $50 to get this fixed and next year it will probably be $400 that and my licence will probably be $125... But I'd still rather pay that than the $1300 damage + labour to get it fixed... Gah, it still sux though.

So yeah. I dunno, I think I might try and scrounge up some cash this year and get coil overs so when winter comes I can raise it up a few inches...
Glad they are covering it. Did you get any grief from them? I got a shitload of grief from my accident this winter (wasn't my fault, got cut off, SGI verified I was completely not at fault) but when I took it in to get appraised, they gave me quite the biotch attitude for the fact that I got aftermarket on my car. Wrote down every single 'flaw' in the paint even things nowhere near the damage and documented it as if to know about it all later.
Nope got no grief at all. Guy asked if it was all aftermarket and I said no (because it wasn't). I bought the show car out of the Ford show room, so its considered "stock" and they had no problem with me claiming it.