FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Folding Non-power Mirrors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanna pick up a pair of folding mirrors. Have had 2 break off on me, wanna be done with it and get folding ones. I don't have power windows rigged up in my car, so manual is fine. Anyone know where I can get a pair with good visibility for cheap?
Are SVT mirrors folding? I know the Euro ones are but they do not fall into the cheap category.
God forbid they make standardized parts.

Can anyone with an SVT here tell me if your mirrors are folding? And more importantly were SVT's ever available without power mirrors?
SVT mirrors fold, but I believe they're all powered. The OEM european mirrors are the same thing as the SVT, but also available as manual. That's what I've got on my car, got them from bosseuroparts.com, but not exactly "cheap".

I dont think there's much for folding aftermarket mirrors though, closest alternative would probably be those ones that go really close to the body, not sure about the viewable area of those though, and they're not cheap either.
yes i can vouche that they are foldable, but yes they are also electrical... but i'm sure you can just not hook it up if all you want is manual. not to sure how much they costs so i can't help you in that department. maybe goto a junk yard and find an SVTF and take the mirrors.
SLIP STREAM SVT,Mar 28 2005, 11:04 AM Wrote:yes i can vouche that they are foldable, but yes they are also electrical... but i'm sure you can just not hook it up if all you want is manual. not to sure how much they costs so i can't help you in that department.  maybe goto a junk yard and find an SVTF and take the mirrors.
[right][snapback]97025[/snapback][/right]

You'd lose all adjustability if you did that though. Maybe someone has some experience converting their car from manual to power mirrors though, not sure what wiring may or may not be present on all the cars.

The manual mirrors adjust through a metal cable system, so putting a power mirror on without wiring it up and adding the controls on your interior you wouldnt be able to adjust the mirror from the inside.
I plan on wiring up the power for my locks this summer anyway, I wonder how much harder doing the mirrors would be.

Where were they parting out that SVT? maybe I can steal the stuff out of that
guilty,Mar 28 2005, 10:54 AM Wrote:SVT mirrors fold, but I believe they're all powered.  The OEM european mirrors are the same thing as the SVT, but also available as manual.  That's what I've got on my car, got them from bosseuroparts.com, but not exactly "cheap".

I dont think there's much for folding aftermarket mirrors though, closest alternative would probably be those ones that go really close to the body, not sure about the viewable area of those though, and they're not cheap either.
[right][snapback]97021[/snapback][/right]

257 dollars for mirrors! wow there nice mirrors but i like cheap parts ahha
dmcisaac,Mar 28 2005, 12:52 PM Wrote:257 dollars for mirrors! wow there nice mirrors but i like cheap parts ahha
[right][snapback]97050[/snapback][/right]

OEM parts arent usually cheap, especially when you figure in the costs of shipping them overseas and putting the cost of international duties into the price too.

Raine: I dont think there were any mirrors listed on that SVT part-out thread..

Also remember that you'll need the interior control panel for the drivers side, and the one from the passenger side has a smoothed over panel.. you could pull those out of any Focus with power mirrors though.
guilty,Mar 28 2005, 02:37 PM Wrote:
dmcisaac,Mar 28 2005, 12:52 PM Wrote:257 dollars for mirrors! wow there nice mirrors but i like cheap parts ahha
[right][snapback]97050[/snapback][/right]

OEM parts arent usually cheap, especially when you figure in the costs of shipping them overseas and putting the cost of international duties into the price too.

Raine: I dont think there were any mirrors listed on that SVT part-out thread..

Also remember that you'll need the interior control panel for the drivers side, and the one from the passenger side has a smoothed over panel.. you could pull those out of any Focus with power mirrors though.
[right][snapback]97075[/snapback][/right]

Yep, I'd need those. Of course I could just get the power switch... it'd be easy to fill in the hole on the opposite side. Either way, looking too far ahead. I would be happy with a stock mirror at the moment. As cool as the duct tape looks, it's rice effect is getting to me
Raine,Mar 28 2005, 02:09 PM Wrote:I would be happy with a stock mirror at the moment. As cool as the duct tape looks, it's rice effect is getting to me
[right][snapback]97085[/snapback][/right]

I've got my stock manual mirrors sitting in my closet if you want 1 (or both) cheap.