FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gap Between Premium & Regular Gas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I pulled into a local Shell this AM on the way to work and went for the V-Power pump.

The sign outside for regular read 85.9 but when I looked at the v-power display as I'm tanking it reads 98.9!

Did I miss a memo, the gap is now 13 cents a liter? Ai yi yi :ph34r:

NefCanuck
yeah, its been like that for awhile out here.
Been awhile myself since ive filled uo with Sunoco 94 but I believe the gap use to be about $ 0.14
Crap I thought the gap was only 9-10 cents?
between 91 and 87 is usually in my area about 11-12 cents and 13-14 cents for 94
Kind of makes me happy that I am not running a tune. .87cpl FTW
Focus man, Focus.,Apr 29 2009, 11:34 AM Wrote:Kind of makes me happy that I am not running a tune. .87cpl FTW
[right][snapback]286111[/snapback][/right]

:lol: Yeah but enjoy losing up to 10% of your fuel economy thanks to the up to 10% ethanol in the 87 grade (None of that ethanol crapola in the 91 octane juice)

They get us coming & going :(

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Apr 29 2009, 10:17 AM Wrote:So, I pulled into a local Shell this AM on the way to work and went for the V-Power pump.

The sign outside for regular read 85.9 but when I looked at the v-power display as I'm tanking it reads 98.9!

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]286105[/snapback][/right]
That's one of the gripes that Dan McTeague has in addition to the overall price rapeage ...

Also: did you notice the new signs at the Shell station ... they now sell "Nitrogen enriched" gasolines - wtf!?

Click here only if you want to get really pissed off
ZTWsquared,Apr 29 2009, 12:21 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Apr 29 2009, 10:17 AM Wrote:So, I pulled into a local Shell this AM on the way to work and went for the V-Power pump.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]286105[/snapback][/right]
That's one of the gripes that Dan McTeague has in addition to the overall price rapeage ...

Also: did you notice the new signs at the Shell station ... they now sell "Nitrogen enriched" gasolines - wtf!?

As much as I dislike McTeague (he was strangely muted when the Liberals ran Ottawa) he does post some interesting figures yes...

Ah, I think this comes from the fact that they have to disclose how their gas deals with engine deposits (I'm 99% sure this is it, in the US the ads merely speak to "cleaning out engine gunk" without any explanation)

I'm not really sure of the science behind the nitrogen injection though so my best guess is that the nitrogen atoms bond with the carbon atoms (the carbon deposits in the combustion chamber) and the whole shooting match gets carried out of the engine?

NefCanuck
Diesel 81 cents baby :D
mo_focus,Apr 29 2009, 12:47 PM Wrote:Diesel 81 cents baby :D
[right][snapback]286127[/snapback][/right]
Aren't you supposed to be in Bahrain? :ph34r:
ZTWsquared,Apr 29 2009, 06:14 PM Wrote:
mo_focus,Apr 29 2009, 12:47 PM Wrote:Diesel 81 cents baby :D
[right][snapback]286127[/snapback][/right]
Aren't you supposed to be in Bahrain? :ph34r:
[right][snapback]286128[/snapback][/right]

qatar, not working out yet. Wife got extended until end of August and as for me still waiting for a position to open up. Freaking Obama is stealing all the busnisses from Canadians. American's were not liked before bc of Bush so no one wanted to deal with an American, now that Obama is there all the new contracts are going to American companies as opposed to Canadians :(

ohh well life goes on.

Quote:I'm not really sure of the science behind the nitrogen injection though so my best guess is that the nitrogen atoms bond with the carbon atoms (the carbon deposits in the combustion chamber) and the whole shooting match gets carried out of the engine?

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]286125[/snapback][/right]

i hope the carbon doesnt bond with nitrotgen

C + N = CN aka cyanide

but seriously, the gap is 13c or more in Vancouver, and thats just for 92octane.
thenorm,Apr 30 2009, 10:58 AM Wrote:
Quote:I'm not really sure of the science behind the nitrogen injection though so my best guess is that the nitrogen atoms bond with the carbon atoms (the carbon deposits in the combustion chamber) and the whole shooting match gets carried out of the engine?

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]286125[/snapback][/right]

i hope the carbon doesnt bond with nitrotgen

C + N = CN aka cyanide

but seriously, the gap is 13c or more in Vancouver, and thats just for 92octane.
[right][snapback]286207[/snapback][/right]

Oops.. like I said, I wasn't sure of the science (but it makes for real killer gas mileage :ph34r: :lol:)

NefCanuck