FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Linkage Gone Again?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
About 20,000 km ago I had my rear linkage replaced because the car was knocking everytime I went over a bump... It was fine after that, but now (I'm at 53,000 km) I get a "squeeking" sound when I got over a large bump.. I sat in the hatch yesterday and pushed my weight down and got a little knock... could it be gone again already?

The car is well out of warranty now, but because it was replaced less than 2 years ago, will Ford fix it again?
Call Ford and ask what the warrantee is on replaced Ford parts. I of all people should know this.
I away thought it was 1 yr/20,000 km, but I'm gonna bitch like a mofo because the car is still under 60,000 km. Does this sound like a linkage to you guys tho?
Check the prings and bushings. You might have a rotted spring or rubber bushing.

You may have also blown a strut too.
ANTHONYD,Mar 28 2005, 10:08 AM Wrote:Check the prings and bushings. You might have a rotted spring or rubber bushing.

You may have also blown a strut too.
[right][snapback]96982[/snapback][/right]

Just changed the springs and dampers last year, so they're good.
Do you need one of those polyrings P-51 was selling?
just a thought.
I got the same thing happeing to my front passenger side only it knocks when i slow down from 30km/h or less. Im going to have my buddy look at it.