FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fuel Mileage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone new to this forum, I was looking at the new ford focus zx4 st 2005.

I wanted to know what type of mileage everyone is getting and where do you live ?

I am living in Lethbridge alberta and I want to compare to different parts of

country .

Thanks again for everyones help ?

SDF
average............................

I don't think you'll: "make a one tonnes's saving's by buying a Focus"
Averaging 400-500KMs city and upwards of 750KMs highway.

Straight out of North Bay, ON. :D
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 27 2005, 11:35 PM Wrote:Averaging 400-500KMs city and upwards of 750KMs highway.

Straight out of North Bay, ON. :D
[right][snapback]96904[/snapback][/right]

I'll be happy if I get 400. I only get 300km for a tank of gas. But then again I work less than 2km from home.
I can get around 325 a tank
WoW, that sucks for a regular focus, i have a SVTF and i get around 450km around city, i drive everyday city to and from school and it takes me 15km each way and i can last like 2 weeks before i fill up. i tihnk your cars are in need of a tune up.
I drive in traffic stop and go everyday. I think 325 is pretty decent. 450 is unheard of. Unless i hit the highway. I can go 500+ a tank.
So Far, 560km's on one tank... I think the car will actually get more mileage than that if I wasn't on the power through the GTA...

I can drive from Brantford to Petawawa on one tank...either regular or high-test...so I guess I don't do too bad. Around town though, I'm ususally accelerating a bit more aggressively sometimes, and I'd say I only get about 300km's in the city...maybe a bit more...I can't be sure because I don't drive all in the city only...

But yeah, I can get 560+ km's still, with the exhaust and CAI...wonder what the TB and camgears will do to that figure though...lol!
SLIP STREAM SVT,Mar 29 2005, 01:37 AM Wrote:WoW, that sucks for a regular focus, i have a  SVTF and i get around 450km around city, i drive everyday city to and from school and it takes me 15km each way and i can last like 2 weeks before i fill up. i tihnk your cars are in need of a tune up.
[right][snapback]97211[/snapback][/right]

You're pretty gentle on the Go pedal then, and the close-ratio tranny helps too for sure.

I have beat 500 personally, but that's driving like I'm 70+.

A tuneup is a must if you can't break 400KMs on 50L of gas in a Focus.

Also, smart mods like a K+N panel filter and UDP will actually increase mileage due to less airflow restriction and less draw on the accesory drive system.

Exhaust is a 50/50 mod... it does help fuel consumption to a point if you mod to a bigger system, but the greater HP also means the power's coming from somewhere ultimately.
SLIP STREAM SVT,Mar 29 2005, 01:37 AM Wrote:WoW, that sucks for a regular focus, i have a  SVTF and i get around 450km around city, i drive everyday city to and from school and it takes me 15km each way and i can last like 2 weeks before i fill up. i tihnk your cars are in need of a tune up.
[right][snapback]97211[/snapback][/right]
i agree, i get the same and have an svt, i know there is not much difference, but still. i drive everyday to work, half hwy and half city, commute from richmond hill to downtown.
I had a new record on my way down to Jay's. 525km's. thats rolling 130km/hr to on the 401.

Those days may be gone now. On my way to London I drove in with 1/2 tank left and I was @ 277km's. But I didnt go into boost at all from TO to London, so hopefully I can keep a certain amount of decent gas mieleage with this car now. :)

All I do is highway driving.
ahh gas mileage....the old "dont think about it" topic...
welcome to the new member...
and sorry..... I just make like 230 miles per tank...
I have over 28,000 kms on it now and i'm hitting around 500 a tank, but then i have a heavy foot. It took a while to come in i was only getting 380's for a while at first, i have hit over 630 on highway trips a few times