FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Problem With Parking Brake Indicator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lately, my E-brake light would flicker on while I'm driving, I first noticed it a few days ago while driving 100 km/hr on the highway. I did not touch the brake or e-brake, it flickers like a bulb is burning out or something like that, then sometimes it comes on when i press on the brake pedal, Its been doing it for less than a week, what do you suppose the problem is? I'm making the appointment with ford on monday morning.
Just a guess but: cable stretched? Guess #2 rear barkes OK?
low brake fluid.

you may need front brakes.
boost til'bust,Mar 25 2005, 11:3 Wrote:low brake fluid.[right][snapback]96541[/snapback][/right]

My bad for forgeting the most obvious. :(
2001 ZTS,Mar 26 2005, 12:26 AM Wrote:Just a guess but: cable stretched? Guess #2 rear barkes OK?
[right][snapback]96540[/snapback][/right]

Had them both checked 6 months ago, cant be that.
Check the wire attached to the ebrake handle and make sure it's secure....
Same exact thing happened to my car, hahah i just ignore it and curse every once in a while

if you get it fixed let me know what it is
I had that problem on the last focus, when I took it in I found out it was related to me needing new Brake Pads all around the car. I was then told by the service manager it is an early sign to tell you the car needs to get new pads in the short term future.

My 95 Land Rover I had had the same problem to before I sold it last month, but it turned out the problem was the brake line had rotted out around the passenger side rear drum, and fluid was leaking out. It was easy fix and it was less then $50 since, I did it myself.
The problem went away, I suspect it could have been a loose wire? well lets hope that it stays that way and nothing else brakes.
Just got the car back from the Dealer, you were all wrong... The problem came back this morning, and it turned out it was a Leaking Clutch Master Cylinder. I had winter mats on the front carpet and I thought it was just water on them from my boots/shoes but the Ford technicians said it was clutch fluid dripping on there.

One question is, how long is fords warranty good until? I bought the car in dec of 2001, and its a 2002 model, I have 52,000 KM on the odometer, but I did purchase the extended warranty, which costed $100 deductable, so did I do good?
Another thing to check if you have this problem is low brake fluid.....happens all the time on car's...i even had it on my cobra. :ph34r:
Same symptome happenned to me 1 month ago.

I got the tire changed and after I took the car and it was all perfect...

I blamed it on some crap fukin up with the rear brakes that went away with a wheel swap...

Weird. :huh: