FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Drove Thraxxx's Sedan Yesterday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's a decent machine... and the Magnaflow set-up is quieter than most. I can't wrap my brain around that one!

What's even MORE disturbing is that my intake is like 2X as loud as his... on the same engine, same config.

It pulls decently, clutch is quick and light, syncros are in awesome shape... he's got a nice car there.

Then I let him drive mine :D After he was done checking out the mods, we went "around the block". He was surprised about how well the auto SPI pulled compared to the stick version.

We're hoping for a mini-photo shoot in April here :D
when you say here, do you mean north bay? cuase i could possibly make it down there for a lil meet with you two
The auto is deceiving.
smith21,Mar 24 2005, 12:20 PM Wrote:when you say here, do you mean north bay? cuase i could possibly make it down there for a lil meet with you two
[right][snapback]96192[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, North Bay. There's three SPI sedans who are members, except one is LAZY and only lurks here as a guest from time to time. :D
NOS2Go4Me is a clutch rider.

I find my intake is quiet until the car warms up. once the car is hot then it makes a sweet sucking sound...but the exaust pretty much drowns it out.
I was takin it easy on YOUR baby... as you did on mine ;)

Besides, 4+ years since daily driving a stick, I figured you'd be pleased if I left you some clutch :o
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 24 2005, 09:08 PM Wrote:I was takin it easy on YOUR baby... as you did on mine ;)

Besides, 4+ years since daily driving a stick, I figured you'd be pleased if I left you some clutch :o
[right][snapback]96348[/snapback][/right]

Now that you mention it and out of curiosity, can SPI's manual trannys accept the same aftermarket parts as the ZETECS manuals can?
IIRC, the SPI manual is a tad different (IB5 vs MTX75). I think, and I'm not 100% on this (working off what I remember reading on the 'Jet), even our short shifters are different.

However, the autoslamits are exactly the same with different final drive ratios.
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 24 2005, 10:08 PM Wrote:I was takin it easy on YOUR baby... as you did on mine ;)

[right][snapback]96348[/snapback][/right]

God you wouldn't want to see how I drive it LOL.