FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Too Cheap To Be Good?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, new here... long time reader but first time poster. Anyways, I do alot of window shopping on ebay and occasionally i'll buy the odd thing. Every time I look on ebay for focus parts I come across these bad boys
I am always really tempted to buy them but have always hesitated because they are sooo cheap. Other projectors I've seen have been double or even triple the price of the ones on ebay. So my question is, has anybody here bought these, and if so, how did they work out for ya?
I have a black zx3 so I think they'd look kickass! B)
:hi:

They would definately look good on a black car.

When it comes to lights and most things you get what you pay for but having said that I'm sure they will do the job (light wise) OK (maybe not as good as stock) and they should last for a good number of years. I believe the "angel eyes" have been a problem for some but don't quote me.

I think someone here installed the exact same ones just recently, give this post a few days to hear what they may say. Did I mention they would look good on a black car?
thanks for the welcome... and yeah, I think they'd look really nice on my beast especially after it's lowered and my 17" st200's are on it this summer. Spring is approaching so I'm getting the mod bug again... not that it ever went away, it was just dormant.

I'll try to hold out for a few days... :(
I REALLY want to get some good news about these :unsure:
I'll nudge ThraxXx in the direction of this post, as I believe he has the exact same 'lights.

Oh, and :hi: to you! :)

He has a dark green SE Sedan, and they look good on his... so I think they'd look good on a black Focus as well :D
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 22 2005, 02:29 AM Wrote:I'll nudge ThraxXx in the direction of this post, as I believe he has the exact same 'lights.[right][snapback]95500[/snapback][/right]

Yes, that is who I was thinking of. I think he posted pictures too?
sweet, pictures would be great!
Look for his post in the Post your Ride section... I'm alt-tabbing between here and CS:Source as I download more maps for my madness :D

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...topic=8478

No pics of them installed, but I'm sure he can rectify that shortly :D
I think laidman has these on his car.

Go to this post, page 2 and see his post.

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...opic=9166&st=20
meford4u,Mar 21 2005, 09:51 PM Wrote:I think laidman has these on his car.

Go to this post, page 2 and see his post.

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...opic=9166&st=20
[right][snapback]95514[/snapback][/right]

SWEET, they look awesome, wonder if he's had any trouble with em...
I got some of those, they're sweet on a dark colored car.

[Image: th_CRW_6283.jpg]
[Image: th_5.jpg]

i also did the foglight DRL, and i cut the wire to the orange front park lamps, and tinted all the turn lenses
That's exactly the look I want for my front corner signals!

Sorry bout the thread jack!
WELCOME!
Welcome.

Don't buy the lights. You went all out and got nice rims. Now pick up a real set of headlamps. You won't regret not cheaping out now.

Look for a set of ST170's or something along those lines. Ebay is ebay and will always be recognized as ebay. These are nothing more than a set of glorified APC projectors.
If you do buy them make sure they are the ones that have 'KS' in raised lettering moulded into the housing (bottom edge of the housing on the front). There is a guy named 'MICROTONAL' on http://www.focusfanatics.com who knows EVERYTHING when it comes to those lights. They are decent for a cheaper alternative to things like the ST170's.

Personally I agree with ZOOM, save up for some ST170's......
Thanks for the info guys, I think you're right. I'll save up for some good ones... don't wanna trust my headlights to a guy in the states selling them out of his basement.

BTW Zoom, I bought my st200's on ebay also... :P
got em really cheap too
Olla...

Yeah I am the one with them. I like them alot. I have the chrome ones but they are the same. I am not sure what all the humbug about the halos are. I have had mine on the car for about a month so far and they haven't blown up yet. The light they throw is decent..about the same as stock. JKust make sure you aim them properly and you will be happy.

I am running 100watt H3 and 100watt H1 bulbs on them (h3's for low, H1's for highs). I haven't gotten pics of them installed yet cuz my camera battery is dead and my car is a filthy mess due to the massive amounts of salt they use in this town...but I plan on getting some batteries today and take some shots. I should have them up before the day is over.
ThraxXx,Mar 23 2005, 08:10 AM Wrote:Olla...

Yeah I am the one with them.  I like them alot.  I have the chrome ones but they are the same.  I am not sure what all the humbug about the halos are.  I have had mine on the car for about a month so far and they haven't blown up yet.  The light they throw is decent..about the same as stock.  JKust make sure you aim them properly and you will be happy. 

I am running 100watt H3 and 100watt H1 bulbs on them (h3's for low, H1's for highs).  I haven't gotten pics of them installed yet cuz my camera battery is dead and my car is a filthy mess due to the massive amounts of salt they use in this town...but I plan on getting some batteries today and take some shots.  I should have them up before the day is over.
[right][snapback]95847[/snapback][/right]

thanks, I'd like to see em... and since you've only had em for a month, I'm still a little hesitant to get em. A month isn't really a long time.
Exactly, a month isnt long enuff to say there awsome or anything.

dabigmandan - Save up for Hellas. I have the Hella Projectors, and like everybody has already said, save up for them. They've been on my car nearly for 4 years now and I've had ZERO problems. I had a light bulb burn out probably over 2 years ago, and thats it.

-Nate
Flofocus,Mar 23 2005, 11:38 AM Wrote:Exactly, a month isnt long enuff to say there awsome or anything.

dabigmandan - Save up for Hellas.  I have the Hella Projectors, and like everybody has already said, save up for them.  They've been on my car nearly for 4 years now and I've had ZERO problems.  I had a light bulb burn out probably over 2 years ago, and thats it.

-Nate
[right][snapback]95903[/snapback][/right]

ya I think my mind is officially made up.... gonna get the cheap ones on ebay :lol: ... just kiddin, I'm gonna save up for the hellas
alrighty...well here is the pic with the lights installed on my car

[Image: halo2.jpg]
Pages: 1 2