FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Timing Belt Wearing Funny?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just wondered why my timing belt is almost half the width it was originally would it be the tensioner or do you think it miht be the gears? i wanna figure out hat would make it slide out like that before i put a new belt on and wreck it too.
timing belt? I sthat the one that goes around all thos epulleys? :huh: :lol:

Is so, what pulleys do you have on the car?
Flofocus,Mar 21 2005, 10:22 AM Wrote:timing belt?  I sthat the one that goes around all thos epulleys?  :huh:  :lol:

Is so, what pulleys do you have on the car?
[right][snapback]95264[/snapback][/right]
Yea. Basically running with the timing belt is 3 pullies: tensioner, idler and crank. Then it goes around the 2 cam gears for the camshafts if you have a Zetec DOHC.

Do you have a picture of the timing belt?

Peace...
Cool, thats what i thought, I dont know trhe names of lots of parts in the car. lol

01-yellow-ZX3

The timing belt doesn't go around the cranky pulley, the serpentine belt does.
This is too funny. Buy a how to book for dummies.
actually both of them go around the crank one drives the accesories and the other drives the cams
i noticed some wear on the outside edge of the gears so i'm gonna just replace them and go from there

01-yellow-ZX3

I still don't know what the hell belt you're talking about.
01-yellow-ZX3,Mar 21 2005 Wrote:I still don't know what the hell belt you're talking about.
[right][snapback]95429[/snapback][/right]

You don't see this belt. It's under the upper timing belt cover. He sees it because I think he doesn't have the upper timing belt cover on his car with the adjustable cam gears.

01-yellow-ZX3

Ah so we are talking about the timing belt afterall, now I gotcha.

Yah I've also got adjustable cam gears, without the cover.

I actually had a verbal fight with the Service Writer whether or not I could see my timing belt :lol:
So you have the adjustable timing gears and just left the upper timing belt cover off?

01-yellow-ZX3

Yup, otherwise you can't adjust them.

How often do you adjust them?

01-yellow-ZX3

Twice a year maybe, lol.