FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How Long Can You Go?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

01-yellow-ZX3

Get your head outta the gutter!

How long can you go without installing car parts before you go crazy?

I've accumulated a pile of parts over the last couple months that I have to install, but some need painting, and some I need to borrow tools to install, blah blah blah!

I'm going crazy here, I usually install stuff within the hour I get it in the mail!! Ahh!!

Does anybody else share my disorder?
I've literally lost track of how many parts I have waitng to instal between the two cars, at least a dozen.

01-yellow-ZX3

Damn winter eh.
I have some stuff from focus-central, focussport, NX, and alpine... :D
I've got you all beat. I've had parts in my closet for over a year and half. The pain staring at it on the ground and not in the car. :(

This Friday.....oh this Friday. :blush: :D

I have been working on Malby's grill a lot lately....that keeps me busy with any spare time I have.
The installs I did today will keep me satisfied till the weekend when I'm hoping to get the LED / EL wiring done. I hope. :D

Anything more than 2 weeks lately is a record for me.
Flofocus,Mar 20 2005, 09:14 PM Wrote:I've got you all beat.  I've had parts in my closet for over a year and half.  The pain staring at it on the ground and not in the car.  :(

This Friday.....oh this Friday.  :blush:  :D

I have been working on Malby's grill a lot lately....that keeps me busy with any spare time I have.
[right][snapback]95120[/snapback][/right]

Much appreciated by the way!
I look at my turbocharger everyday and then I look at my bank account :lol: . Then I say put in some extra hours to make some extra $$ I just cant wait. This turbo's been lieing around for 4 months!!! All I need left is some tuning, wastegate and piping!. Tuning worries me the most, thats all, I think i'll go for the wastegate next, piping shouldnt be too bad. Save at least $1000 for tuning, if not more, afterall its what keeps your motor from blowing its rods out the oil pan :lol:
Since we started last July, everything comes to a "head" Monday. Pardon the pun. Everything is going on the car Monday.

01-yellow-ZX3

Flofocus,Mar 20 2005, 07:14 PM Wrote:I've got you all beat.  I've had parts in my closet for over a year and half.  The pain staring at it on the ground and not in the car.  :(

Dayum, a year and a half? Now thats impressive.
01-yellow-ZX3,Mar 21 2005 Wrote:
Flofocus,Mar 20 2005, 07:14 PM Wrote:I've got you all beat.  I've had parts in my closet for over a year and half.  The pain staring at it on the ground and not in the car.  :(

Dayum, a year and a half? Now thats impressive.
[right][snapback]95217[/snapback][/right]

Impressive...nah, more like depressing.

:lol:
hmmm, ive got some stereo stuff, a bit of suspension stuff and some engine stuff. probably from the last 7 or 8 months... damn weather.
I'm not spending any real money on my car this year, but I'm trying to convince a buddy to buy stuff for his car just so I can turn a few wrenches again! :lol: