FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Strut Bar Installed, Airbox Removed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This one's for you, Gord :D

http://teamx.webhop.org/files/strutbarinstalled.jpg

I got the small valve cover filter installed at the end of the hose... cause that other end at the cover itself SIMPLY WASN'T MOVING. That, and the nipple was much larger than the rubber inlet on the filter. So, necessity dictates we compromise :)

Next up are the new spark plug wires (8mm Motorcraft direct replacements) to appease the dealer as they say a miss I've been having is in the wires, and my BIG BIG project - painting the stock valve cover with high-heat paint.
looks good adam need to wash that engine bay though :P
Hehe thanks man, welcome to a North Bay winter :P

I refuse to really clean it till April, cause it'll be that bad again inside of a day.
Looks good Adam.

Paint your valve cover. ;)
Not bad, Adam. That'll look a lot better with the valve cover painted. What color are you going for? Might be cool to paint your strut bar the same color as the valve cover when you do it, I painted mine the same color as my intake.
does look good adam, and i understand with you on the cleaning, it's a bitch living up north! <_<
Thanks boys :D

Going to paint it red, Steve. Either Fire Engine Red, or a slightly darker red if I can find one. High-heat paint on that eh?

Anyone got a paint part number / name for a suitable product? :D
Go without the car for a week and have it powdercoated...Or get one from the scrapper and have it powdercoated :)

NOS2Go4Me,Mar 22 2005, 05:27 PM Wrote:Thanks boys :D

Going to paint it red, Steve. Either Fire Engine Red, or a slightly darker red if I can find one. High-heat paint on that eh?

Anyone got a paint part number / name for a suitable product? :D
[right][snapback]95711[/snapback][/right]

Go to CT, they have high temp paint for these situations..
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 22 2005, 03:27 PM Wrote:Going to paint it red, Steve. Either Fire Engine Red, or a slightly darker red if I can find one. High-heat paint on that eh?
[right][snapback]95711[/snapback][/right]

Something to think about with the red paint though, different shades of red can look really bad together. Like if it's brighter or darker than the body color, it could end up looking bad.