FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Your Thoughts On
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so the fuel door on my car just broke off and i'm thinking of going witht he Aluminum Door ZX3 Tunning sells...but dose it fit compleatly flush with the body ?
and what u think of it
what color is your focus
[Image: resized_19.jpg]
I've got the aluminum fuel door on my car. It looks great and fits really well. The install isn't all that hard just filling down a couple of metal tabs once you take out the old inner liner of the gas door. I think it would look pretty good with the color of your car. I think the only colors it doesn't work with are prolly white and silver just cuz there isn't much of a contrast so it defeats the point of doing it.

01-yellow-ZX3

They do sit flush if you take your time when installing it.

I've had mine for a couple years now, I think its a great mod.

Should you do it? Yes.

Check around for pricing, I paid next to nothing for mine.
i think it'll look good. go for it. if its locking that's an even better reason to do the mod
The aluminum one off the ford mustang isn't a locking fuel door. I know i've seen a locking aluminum one i just can't remember where. Try BATinc they might have the locking aluminum version.
BAT Inc does indeed have a locking aircraft style filler cap. $219US.
I have a Pro-fit fuel door

Got it straight from them $150usd + shipping +20usd for polished instead of brushed aluminum

they have other options too...

locking

power

and total custom( engraved, designs, painted, etc. etc.)

Pro-fit fuel doors

the craziest doors i've ever seen! they've blown up huge since i bought mine too!
I have the one that comes without the lock..it looks nice..I like it..it will look nice on your car..also I paid only like 100 canadian...bought it at Steeda..It's from Ford Racing I think.....anyway its really nice.
Not my cup of mushroom tea.
SL8RZZX3,Mar 19 2005, 08:05 PM Wrote:I have a Pro-fit fuel door

Got it straight from them $150usd + shipping +20usd for polished instead of brushed aluminum

they have other options too...

locking

power

and total custom( engraved, designs, painted, etc. etc.)

Pro-fit fuel doors

the craziest doors i've ever seen! they've blown up huge since i bought mine too!
[right][snapback]94884[/snapback][/right]

I've seen his door... even the opening action is slick :blink:

I'd get one if I didn't think it would totally screw up the look of my car.
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 20 2005, 09:44 AM Wrote:Pro-fit fuel doors

I've seen his door... even the opening action is slick  :blink:

I'd get one if I didn't think it would totally screw up the look of my car.
[right][snapback]94978[/snapback][/right]

Nos just buy the basic door, manual/brushed aluminum and after you get take the latch out and the allen key screws and have it painted black or paint matched(which would be my choice if i had your colour car), then install with just the latch and screws silver. B)

It would look very slick and very custom!

I'm sure there's examples of this on their site.....what mine looks like painted one

PS. the site only has the electric under the focus, so look under the mustang one(cause its the same s**t!)

01-yellow-ZX3

ANTHONYD,Mar 20 2005, 08:39 AM Wrote:Not my cup of mushroom tea.
[right][snapback]94975[/snapback][/right]

Seems like nothing on this board is your cup of tea. :ph34r:
I have one on my red focus. I love them
which model year is it with the mustangs that the focus has similar fuel filer doors?
I believe it was thje bullet and it was a 01-02?

01-yellow-ZX3

DD1,Mar 20 2005, 12:10 PM Wrote:I believe it was thje bullet and it was a 01-02?
[right][snapback]94996[/snapback][/right]

Yup, the Bullet gas door bolts right up with the tab modifications.
Damnit Gord... my mod budget is running so very low :D :P

Cool idea tho, I might just do that!
I had one on my car and absolutely loved it...I believe it was the one from the Mustang GT Bullit edition...

Vito :)
Pages: 1 2