FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: So My Car Broke Again Tonight...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I drive to my buddy Dan's house tonight for the first annual poker fest expecting excitement and adventure, but I was greeted with my car breaking in front of his house! As all who live in Sask know, snow gets packed down and gets pretty high in the winter time, such as normal. So I pull up in front of his house expecting to just pull up and get out, but thats not what happend. The snow beneath the car shifted, the passenger side of the car droped at least 5 inches, my front spoiler rips off and gets whooshed under my car. I didn't know that happend at first, I thought it was just lots of snow. Nope, get out too look and see that one end of the spoiler is sucked into my drivers side wheel well, and the other side is partially under the passenger side tire... So now I have the spoiler in my basement, my car has paint chips and scratches, both wheel wells are cracked to crap, the spoiler has a few nasty rub marks, and I'm not sure my insurance will cover this job. The damage probably isn't all that bad, it just looks like shi t. I'll have to wait until morning to get a better look at it. Anywho, I'm angry, and I'm hungry and its 2:40AM so I'm going to watch Ghostbusters and order Super 8 Pizza and chill with my roomie...
Bummer

When we had the car shipped from Vanc. they damaged the front bumper and spoiler.

Cost...............$$3400

For them of course.

If the parts are fixable, you won't get hit that bad. But if your not doing the work yourself, trying to find a shop to fix it and re-install it was our biggest headache.

Best of luck.
I love that zenon lip....
Wow BORT that sucks, another reason to HATE Saskatchewan. Best of luck on the repairs.
I honestly had NO IDEA how expensive kits were to fix....

It's almost cheaper to get a new one.
So its now morning and I'm thinking about my body kit... Maybe its time to remove the whole thing, all the vinyl, revert back to stock and then sell all that crap. I should probably find out how much it costs to repair first. I mean if my insurance will cover it, its only $50 out of my pocket...
Bort,Mar 19 2005, 12:24 PM Wrote:So its now morning and I'm thinking about my body kit...  Maybe its time to remove the whole thing, all the vinyl, revert back to stock and then sell all that crap.  I should probably find out how much it costs to repair first.  I mean if my insurance will cover it, its only $50 out of my pocket...
[right][snapback]94795[/snapback][/right]

And chances are you'll end up with a better car in the end.

It;s a no freakin'; brainer!
ANTHONYD,Mar 19 2005, 05:26 PM Wrote:
Bort,Mar 19 2005, 12:24 PM Wrote:So its now morning and I'm thinking about my body kit...  Maybe its time to remove the whole thing, all the vinyl, revert back to stock and then sell all that crap.  I should probably find out how much it costs to repair first.  I mean if my insurance will cover it, its only $50 out of my pocket...
[right][snapback]94795[/snapback][/right]

And chances are you'll end up with a better car in the end.

It;s a no freakin'; brainer!
[right][snapback]94802[/snapback][/right]

I don't understand how I'll have a better car in the end if I take off the kit. Other than the fact it looks stock...
Don't listen to him. He's got a green somethingrother.

The kit on our Focus is over the top expensive. That's why it seems, ok it was, over the top expensive to get it fixed.

Don't fret about it. Claim it and get it fixed. It ws an accident.
Bort I would go see Ralph at Percival and get a price from him or go see Dave Cape..
I just put in an online claim with SGI and I'm booked to see a damage adjuster on March 28th. I went outside to check it out and its really not bad, but it still looks like crap. I just got my insurance thing in the mail to buy it again for the year. Last year I had my windshield smashed, so for my $50 deductible the payment is $350!!!! BAH! Oh well, I think I"m going to get it changed to $100...