FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What Makes The Car Louder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I changed just the muffler and threw in a Borla...it sounds just a little bit...but almost no diff at all...so in a way to get the (Remus) sound...what should I do next...get a new resonator, remove the lunch box, change the cat..
I know...get the cat back set up...but I want the (remus) sound..Am I becoming
ANNOYING????????????????????? :huh:

I didnt mean to bother................................ :(

I just have to be sure..cause if the sound gets ricey.....the wife will make me go to Ford and buy the stock set up...!!!!!! :o
I've got a Brullen Exhaust FS...it will give your car a nice sound....
just get the remus muffler or whatever then
get rid of the stock resonator, remove cat add a race header :D
I thought a borla came stock with the car?
I'm just curious...why dont people wanna make their rides quieter??

I like to hear my stereo, not my exhaust
microbunny,Mar 18 2005, 11:13 AM Wrote:I'm just curious...why dont people wanna make their rides quieter??

[right][snapback]94429[/snapback][/right]

the quieter the exhaust, the better IMO.
In my mind, there's nothing more intoxicating than the right blend of sound and power. Intake to exhaust, if it sounds right to me, I'll NEVER stop driving it. Right now with the 3" cone on the MAF... I find reasons to roll-on the power in second, or just hold the gear manually.

To each their own, I always say :D
Some bitchin stacks off of a vintage Peterbuilt would do it.
Add a CAI, then you will get some of the sound you are lookiing for. Remember your sitting closer to your intake which is closer to your exhaust valves than your mufler in your exhaust.

DRyanC
microbunny,Mar 18 2005, 07:13 AM Wrote:I'm just curious...why dont people wanna make their rides quieter??

[right][snapback]94429[/snapback][/right]

Everybody is different. I like loud. I always have the window half way down to listen to the Borla....I open the window underneath tunnels and floor it....pop the hatch in tunnels to get all the noise coming into the cabin.....I barely listen to my radio. :lol:

But to loud is really annoying, the borla is nice since you can keep it quiet when you want, but sets off car alarms when you have the heavy foot.....
:headbang:
Im the same way. I love hittting the underpasses and just flooring it.
i have a borla catback and sounds deep and low.. but not only the muffler so im not sure..

i like the sound, but its on the highway that sucks caus the rpm range i try to stay in is loud and gets tiring to the ear.

now i want a resonator but ill wait for the setup to run on the car and see how loud it is then
thanx for the input ppl..again..!

well the thing that bugs me is the high RPM's and a loud car....
(also like music..but that me likes loud..!)
ok..lets see ....so if I remove the lunch box...nothing big will happen???
the car will not become louder if I do so?

thanx.! :)