FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What If I Buy H4 Hid's?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
and I aim them the best I can.. ....(I'm using my fogs as running lights...)
anyone also with this way of HID's?
thanx guys....I dont want to go against no one...(COPS) but..I havent heard of any prohibition of them....as long as you have DRL's....you are ok with the law.
or dont you?

01-yellow-ZX3

Not worth it, plus HID's in stock housings are illegal - and for a good reason! The glare is horrible!

And most H4 hid kits are low beam only, so thats pretty useless.

Spend the money on upgrading to some Hella's, the output of the projectors will be wayyy better than HID's in stock housings.
the thing is I dont like the looks of the hellas...but I do like the look on the halo ones..cause the are covered by the clear plastic..like stock ...so maybe detter to get the halos and put HID's in them...but I dont think I can fit HID's in those.
anyway..I'll wait untill I can see them....~!!!!!!!
ok, haven't rele done my research on the lights, but i'm curious, if i'm looking for like better lights, such as jasper (sorry if i spelt it wrong and hope everyone knows who i'm talking about), what lights would i go to use? i'm hoping to keep the stock housing tho, can anybody give me some insight into it
get mach hids only way to go imho
redsvtfocus,Mar 18 2005, 01:44 AM Wrote:and I aim them the best I can.. ....(I'm using my fogs as running lights...)
anyone also with this way of HID's?
thanx guys....I dont want to go against no one...(COPS) but..I havent heard of any prohibition of them....as long as you have DRL's....you are ok with the law.
or dont you?
[right][snapback]94352[/snapback][/right]

Mach HIDs are really the only way to go.. But the price will definitely prevent most people from going down this route (Also.. You cannot order them in Canada, at least not currently.. I checked with Steeda.ca awhile back and they said Ford does not have an ETA for Canada..) The only other route is to get them from the States.

Hellas are great, but they are not HIDs... Projectors make the light (at least visibly) alot brighter, and if you throw in a set of piaa white bulbs, they will look VERY close to HID (in color only.. not brilliance or light output)

Halogen
H4 (9003 High/Low) 60/55 1650/1000
H9 (12.8V) 65 1870

HID
D2S ~35 3200

H4=1000 lumens, H9=1870 lumens, D2S=3200 lumens

NOTE: retrofits into a halogen reflector is VERY bad practice... The car in front of you will not see anything else behind or to the sides of your car! The glare will shut out everything and the driver/cop in front will be very pissed! If you set the angle of your lights low enough to prevent this, the headlights will be useless as you will not be able to see very far in front of you because of the steep angle (the headlight pointing down a few feet in front of your car. My 2c..
OK,,...OK....so maybe we deal with your projectors instead..!

thanx ppl for the input...so NO H4 HID's for my focus.. :(