FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Drop-in Replacement Aftermarket Seats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From what I've read here, lots of guys are trying different avenues for aftermarket seats.

I don't fault anyone for wanting to be unique, but is there a KNOWN direct drop-in replacement for the Focus factory seats? I'm not looking for a huge hassle for what I've previously known to be a fairly simple mod.

Sparco and Corbeau both make sliders and brackets for the focus.

as per their seats they range from a few hundred bucks each to over a grand a peice.

Then yo got people like SVTDean asking $700 for the passenger side SVT seat... <_<
Flofocus,Mar 17 2005, 11:23 AM Wrote:Then yo got people like SVTDean asking $700 for the passenger side SVT seat... <_<
[right][snapback]94248[/snapback][/right]

LOL yeah, wasn't going that route at all!

I could buy another Focus for what he apparently wants for the seats! :rofl:
Corbeau and Sparco are the best way to go. They make brackets for the focus and bolt right in. I cant remember the Corbeau #'s but I have the sparco part #'s at home.

I admit I cheapped out on the Toms one and I wasnt happy. So that was $400 down the drain. Do it right the first time man.
I ordered the corbeau seat brackets today. The part numbers are E2008T and E2009T. They came out to $296.XX with taxes from Dasilva Racing. I should be getting them sometime next week. I'll keep you guys posted. So that comes out to $650 for the seats and brackets.

On a side note I do have to make a flat aluminum plate to mount to the top of the seat bracket so that I can mount my seats to the plate and all will be done!
Jay - I'd be happy to get the Sparco seat bracket numbers off you. Will that then allow me to drop-in pretty much any Sparco seat I want?

Much appreciated man :D
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 17 2005, 03:10 PM Wrote:Jay - I'd be happy to get the Sparco seat bracket numbers off you. Will that then allow me to drop-in pretty much any Sparco seat I want?

Much appreciated man :D
[right][snapback]94331[/snapback][/right]

There are two Sparco bases, one made in Italy the other in the US. The one made in Italy does not have a provision for the seatbelt though I believe the US made base does. My experience is with the Italy made base and it does not allow you to drop the seat right onto it and you're off. The holes on the base that you would think the sliders or side mounts would bolt into are not as wide as the seat and so they need to be mover outwards. Now I don't know if that is the case with the US made base.

You can find the part numbers for the base at the link below. See that there are two sets of part numbers.

http://www.sparcousa.com/resourceFiles/30.pdf
as peter said, there are 2 brackets.
i have the Italian bases in my car, and as i'm running fixed bucket race seats, i just took a 1/4" thick plate of aluminum cut it to fit my side mount brackets and bolted the seat directly to it. however the bases and sliders should bolt directly to each other as should the seat to the sliders. all sparco street seats run a 271x345mm bottom fixing pattern which should match up perfectly with all Sparco bases and sliders.

the US bases are more expensive than the italian bases, are not FIA approved and designed for street used almost exclusively. they should fit the sparco seats perfectly.

italian bases:
00499068DX right side $126cnd
00499068SX left side $126cnd

US bases:
400SB014L left side $159cnd
400SB014R right side $159cnd

Fixed back RACE seats: (all race ready and FIA approved)
Rev........... S/M size $914cnd
Evo........... M size $1015cnd
Evo2......... L size $1049cnd
Pro2000.... M/L size $1049cnd
Pro WRC... M/L size $1300cnd
Corsa....... M size $1049cnd
Circut....... M size $1149cnd
Sprint....... M size $428cnd (comparable to a Corbeau Forza but nicer)
Ultra......... M size $696cnd

Sport/Street Seats: (adjustable backs unless otherwise noted)
Speed....... M size $457cnd -Race fabric (fixed back not race legal)
Speed....... M size $488cnd -Jaquard fabric(fixed back not race legal)
Fighter...... L size $811cnd -Jaquard fabric(fixed back, not race legal)
Siena........ M/L size $734cnd -Jaquard
Torino2..... M size $965cnd -Jaquard
Milano2..... M/L size $1426cnd -Alcantara
Milano3..... M/L size $2196cnd -Leather
Monza....... M/L size $1119cnd -Jaquard
Roadster... M/L size $811cnd -Jaquard (fixed back low profile seat)

all prices above are "listed Canadian retail."
if anyone is serious, i'll work out a nice package deal... one seat and base take 10% off, 2 seats(driver&passenger) take 15%.
shipping and tax is extra of course.

prices may look high but these seats are already landed in Canada and have all the non-NAFTA duties already applied to them.
Mmm lots of info there, thanks Mitch and... Peter, I think that was your name :)

That PDF wll come in handy, too.

This is an "after the wedding" project that I'd like to do, but in no way do I want this mod to jeopardize our safety.

Lots to think about here for sure.
[Image: chiappa_13.jpg]