FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: First Problem With The Zts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so a about 4 days ago i was driving and i kept hearing this bit of griding from my back wheel wells. At first i thought it was crud caught up making that sound, but i washed her and it was still around. The 2 days ago everytime i would start to slow down i would hear a loud clunk from the back wheels.

I have the extended warranty and care package s**t so i said screw it, i need an oil change also so ill take it into Jubilee Ford (saskatoon).

So 2 hours later they come back and tell em that its a defect....!!! DEFECT!! on a focus....but how is this possible??? hehehe

so yeah a defective wheels bearing the guy said to me that its good i came in when i did, becuase another 200 km and my wheels probly would have fallen off...NICE

so instead of a 500 bill it was a 36 dollar bill (extended warranty=sweet)

...but wait...its not over!!! i get into my car and all my lights come on, traction control, ABS, brake light....so i got back in and say yeah, its stil messed. The goon machanics didnt put the magnetic sensor back on <_< so now i gotta come back on saturday and get that put on...but they give me a free rental...

this is the only thing that has been fixed on my ZTS other than the brakes, and im almost at 80,000 km's...nat bad i guess
FociPhil,Mar 16 2005, 03:20 PM Wrote:this is the only thing that has been fixed on my ZTS other than the brakes, and im almost at 80,000 km's...nat bad i guess
[right][snapback]94006[/snapback][/right]

Definately luckier than most. The wheel bearings were a recal item a few years back.
Yeah, wasnt that a recalled item? I had the rear wheel bearings done the day I picked up the car (They were late delivering the car to me because they had this recall and another one to do)
Yeah, same. I had them check mine cause of that exact recall, and it was done before I got it.
I've had my wheel bearings replaced a handful of times. :lol:
FociPhil,Mar 16 2005, 09:20 AM Wrote:so a about 4 days ago i was driving and i kept hearing this bit of griding from my back wheel wells.  At first i thought it was crud caught up making that sound, but i washed her and it was still around.  The 2 days ago everytime i would start to slow down i would hear a loud clunk from the back wheels.

I have the extended warranty and care package s**t so i said screw it, i need an oil change also so ill take it into Jubilee Ford (saskatoon).

So 2 hours later they come back and tell em that its a defect....!!!  DEFECT!! on a focus....but how is this possible??? hehehe

so yeah a defective wheels bearing the guy said to me that its good i came in when i did, becuase another 200 km and my wheels probly would have fallen off...NICE

so instead of a 500 bill it was a 36 dollar bill (extended warranty=sweet)

...but wait...its not over!!! i get into my car and all my lights come on, traction control, ABS, brake light....so i got back in and say yeah, its stil messed.  The goon machanics didnt put the magnetic sensor back on  <_<  so now i gotta come back on saturday and get that put on...but they give me a free rental...

this is the only thing that has been fixed on my ZTS other than the brakes, and im almost at 80,000 km's...nat bad i guess
[right][snapback]94006[/snapback][/right]

Phil that is where my dad worked til he passed away last year (he was the fleet manager there).

The dealership is very decent IMO compared to alot of them. Glad you got it worked out, I'd be worried about the oil change though, my buddy Nick does the majority of the stuff at Spify so who knows what he put in your car.... LOL j/k

Glad you got it fixed, just make sure that when the ice melts you stop the 'drifting' cause those hard slams into the pavement do wonders for your suspension, wheels.

Don't deny it, I seen ya pull out of Joe Doggs..... :lol:
^^^^ LOL

i was avoiding pot holes!!! i had to drift and speed :P

i didnt know there was a recall on the wheel bearings for 2003, i got one for the heated seats and thats about it...

this is the only repair i had other than normal wear and tear brake replacment...so far i am very satisfied with how this focus is holding

EDIT: Jubilee did pretty good, gave me a courtesy car and everything...other than waiting a while, but most dealerships are like that