FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Thank God For Extended Warranty!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:lol: My dad told me not to waste the money on it, but its paid itself off already and Im going in this Friday to pick up my car with a $115 bill (warranty deductible). This is what the damage was

-Replaced Power steering pump
-Replace Valve cover gasket (rocker or whatever it is)
-Install new heat shiel (I gave them my old one, but they went ahead and installed a new one)
-Replace fuel sending unit
-Replace the radio
-Replace PCV valve

And they wash the car before I pick it up, nothing like getting the SVT treatment on a 00 ZX3. :lol:

:ph34r:

I didnt even know my car had all these things broken, I just brought her to Soucy Ford to get checked since its been sitting all winter in the garage.
OMFG!

That's insane.

How many KMs? :huh:
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 16 2005, 10:43 AM Wrote:OMFG!

That's insane.

How many KMs? :huh:
[right][snapback]93994[/snapback][/right]

98 000Km. My extended warranty, officially, has 2000km left.
I had my fuel sending unit done under regular waranty. That happened at about 30,000km. My dealer washes my car too.
2001 ZTS,Mar 16 2005, 11:05 AM Wrote:I had my fuel sending unit done under regular waranty. That happened at about 30,000km. My dealer washes my car too.
[right][snapback]93999[/snapback][/right]

Good for you! :lol:

This is the second time the fuel sending unit had to be replaced. First time was around 60K.

EDIT: Just to add, the Rocker Valve cover gasket or whatever it is wasnt suppose to be covered under warranty, because the labour and Part wouldnt come over $100.00, but the service manager covered it because he said its a really common problem on our cars.

Just a heads up. If you do see leaking oil around the top of your engine, this is probably it. Call Ford and have them record it in your file. That way the dealer will have it on file that youve complained, you know...in case it catches on fire on the way to the shop. :lol:

01-yellow-ZX3

Extended warranty on a Focus is a must IMO.

My extended warranty has paid for itself 3 times over, since I purchased it 20,000km's ago.

P.S. Flo - what package do you have? They gave you a new heat shield??
01-yellow-ZX3,Mar 16 2005 Wrote:Extended warranty on a Focus is a must IMO.

My extended warranty has paid for itself 3 times over, since I purchased it 20,000km's ago.

P.S. Flo - what package do you have?  They gave you a new heat shield??
[right][snapback]94008[/snapback][/right]

Im not sure what 'package' it is. Something Like the extended Care plan. I have a $100 deductible, so anything thats over $100.00 I dont pay. I think I've had to pay twice for stuff that didnt reach the $100.00 mark.