FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Can Someone Explain The Point Of This For Me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
WHAT;S THE POINT.... LOOKS GHEY IF YOU ASK ME.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :blink: :huh: :blink: :huh: :ph34r: :rolleyes:
Are these what you are talking about

[Image: IMG_6532.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6522.jpg]
If so It seems not only ugly but super dangerous.

David
NoiSeeVT,Mar 14 2005, 10:30 PM Wrote:If so It seems not only ugly but super dangerous.
[right][snapback]93528[/snapback][/right]

No kidding.

This person works for Focusport? Not in any sort of decision making capacity I hope? Brings my regard for the company down a couple notches.

MAYBE HE'S THE GUY WHO DESIGNED THE FRONT STRUT BAR WITH THE STUPID KINK IN THE MIDDLE! :lol:
I don't suppose it would take much lateral g-load to rip the rubber right off the rim. He's probably looking to be the next TV star on Cops with a fireworks display coming from his rims at night.

01-yellow-ZX3

Ohhh man I love the look of stretched tires, but it just doesn't work on a Focus.

This Mini is HOT!

[Image: gallery%5Ccarshoots%5Cdermini%5Cbig%5Cimg_1178copy.jpg]

A small amount of stretch is fine with a tire that works well when stretched, tons of VW guys have been doing it for years without problems. Big dish & big stretch = awesome! (looks wise anyways)
that's just plain stupid...hopefully those are mainly show cars...and hopefully no one with any respectibility is actually recommended to people that stretching to that extent is "ok".

lame.
01-yellow-ZX3,Mar 15 2005 Wrote:.........., tons of VW guys have been doing it for years without problems.  [right][snapback]93570[/snapback][/right]

Not exactly a ringing endorsement in my books.
Hi guys

Tire newbie here. What the hell are we looking at? I don't get it...
xappie,Mar 15 2005, 01:47 AM Wrote:Hi guys

Tire newbie here.  What the hell are we looking at?  I don't get it...
[right][snapback]93578[/snapback][/right]

I've never heard of this fad either.

From appearances it seems to be putting tires designed* for a rim of a certain size on wheels too wide for the intended purpose. The tire edge (point between the road surface and sidewall is bent 90 degrees, neigh 180 more than intended. There will be an obvious weak point at the bend and likely movement about the rim itself under load.

I imagine to make it somewhat "safer" means to exceed recommended (vehicle and tire (often different)) pressure as well. Not a good thing in itself either.

*by people with cumulative decades of education, experience and knowledge
well, on that thread, he mentioned he knows that it is dangerous to drive around like that, and that car is mainly for show purpose.

as for the looks, everyone has his own point of view. :)

so i see there's a point :P
yeloZX3,Mar 15 2005, 02:28 AM Wrote:well, on that thread, he mentioned he knows that it is dangerous to drive around like that, and that car is mainly for show purpose.

as for the looks, everyone has his own point of view.  :)

so i see there's a point  :P
[right][snapback]93581[/snapback][/right]

Yup.

The point is he is a danger to other road users. Myself, I don't care if he lives or dies.
I think this thread explains it a bit better

01-yellow-ZX3

You guys are old and need to get out more, this so called "fad" has been around for ages. :lol:
01-yellow-ZX3,Mar 15 2005 Wrote:You guys are old and need to get out more, this so called "fad" has been around for ages.  :lol:
[right][snapback]93605[/snapback][/right]
Only amoungst the retarded, and back in the day we could call them retarded instead of challenged.
How do you think fuktard came along? Couldn't call someone a retard, oh no that's not proper.
It's just short challenged typing for FUKING RETARD

Fuktard. I like it still.
meford4u,Mar 14 2005, 10:27 PM Wrote:It's just short challenged typing for FUKING RETARD

Fuktard.  I like it still.
[right][snapback]93627[/snapback][/right]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
big dish = nice i think.. tire too small though.. i dont know..

its a style that comes from europe.. just like stupid people with big ass huge outrageous bodykits and lambo doors and quadriple exhaust and 69" rims

i think its very clean.. as for the tires.. id be scared the tire ripping off in a curve
Okay, I'm glad all of you see the stupidity in this., I thought I was going to get laughed at thinking this both looked ghey and completely throws safety out the door as well.

Stoopid look if you ask me.
not as stupid as you.. :D

yeah no, for safety thats fine.. but looks well.. its just different everywhere.. different trends
BerinG,Mar 15 2005, 09:56 AM Wrote:not as stupid as you..  :D

yeah no, for safety thats fine.. but looks well.. its just different everywhere.. different trends
[right][snapback]93720[/snapback][/right]

Find your raptorlog yet? :rolleyes:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5