FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Turbo Install Started...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
ok but then where is the angle? or do you mean that the angle is basicly the stock manifold angle (not leveled) .. if thats the case, im happy..

do you have a front mount? where did you get your reducers and hose hardware.. if have straight hoses but i'll need a bunch of reducers
Jays2000ZX3,Mar 14 2005, 11:32 AM Wrote:T minus 10 days till we do Flo's! :)
[right][snapback]93426[/snapback][/right]

:banger: :headbang:

Cant freakin deakin wait. :lol: Its gonna be a fun week-end, I'm going to learn a lot that week-end.

Quote:oh he does uh.. keeping it secret is he

:P
BerinG,Mar 14 2005, 11:16 AM Wrote:ok but then where is the angle? or do you mean that the angle is basicly the stock manifold angle (not leveled) .. if thats the case, im happy..

do you have a front mount? where did you get your reducers and hose hardware.. if have straight hoses but i'll need a bunch of reducers
[right][snapback]93437[/snapback][/right]

Yes the angle is basically the stock manifold angle since its not level, it dosn't affect anything but the downpipe.

The only reducers required for me are on the Throttle Body and on the Turbo Inlet, the rest of the piping is 2". There are a whole crapload of funky angles required to front mount the intercooler.

If you don't want silicon couplers/reducers you can cheap out and get rubber ones from canadian tire....in the pluming section....
Berin....your making me divulge s**t I wanted to keep a secret. haha....

I'm going to TappAuto this Friday to pick up my intercooler, couplers and piping. Your more than welcome to come with me....There great guys and they should be able to find you everything. Maybe if we go together we can get a good deal.
ok good so everything should fit nice then without having to do to much playing with the adapter..

only one really? me I'll need a reducer from piping (maf) to compressor inlet (probably 3" as the maf piping is that big).. another from compressor outlet to piping.. then piping to intercooler inlet.. then from intercooler to piping and the TB elbow is 2.5" so no need for one there..

Flo: haha im good with that.. doens't work on girls though..

so you're gonna have your piping all made or just buying U-bends ? how much is it costing you jsut the couplers ..
I should have metionned that I can get spearco intercooler with casted end tanks for around 500$ new.... all sizes... :(

I should have metionned that I can get manifold turbo adaptor with whatever turbo flange you want. 1 week shipping. :(
maybe I should also have mentionned that I can get you focus pre-made piping for a front mount IC....

hopefully I can help the next turbo bunch to source parts...
Yeah, everything is coming out to a little under a grand. Thats the intercooler, the piping and couplers.
so everything's pretty much done besides installing.. do you already have your bov or bypass.. iat.. the bung to mount them on your piping?
BerinG,Mar 14 2005, 01:54 PM Wrote:so everything's pretty much done besides installing.. do you already have your bov or bypass.. iat.. the bung to mount them on your piping?
[right][snapback]93466[/snapback][/right]

No the piping still needs to be cut, fitted and welded. Jay will do all that fun stuff. The header is a stage 2 so it still needs the turbo flange welded on, but it is done and ready. Yes I have the bypass as well as the O2 housing for the 14B. As for the IAT, not sure what we'll do, Im sure Jay will figure something out.

The only things I can see myslef missing is all the nuts and bolts for the turbo and all the misc flanges. Im sure we can pick those up on Sat or something...Im suremore s**t will come up as we start, but Im prepped for it. ;)
Incase you now want a non ghetto BOV, I have a nice shiny Tial 50mm BOV...with flange.SICK! ;)

IAT? :ph34r:
Jays2000ZX3,Mar 14 2005, 02:43 PM Wrote:Incase you now want a non ghetto BOV, I have a nice shiny Tial 50mm BOV...with flange.SICK! ;)

IAT?  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]93475[/snapback][/right]

We'll chat about the BOV when Im down....
LOL!!

Is your bov setup going to vent to atmosphere or vent back to the intake(bypass).?

The 2 setups on my Focus vented to the atmosphere and I really didn't notice much difference in performance.

Yes, I was in it for the noise. :ph34r:
Jays2000ZX3,Mar 14 2005, 03:05 PM Wrote:LOL!!
[right][snapback]93480[/snapback][/right]

Whats so funny?

Quote:Is your bov setup going to vent to atmosphere or vent back to the intake(bypass).?

Tom said his tune's are for dumping to atmos. I will try to atmos, if we have problems we'll re-route it.

Im in for the noise to. :ph34r:

Jays2000ZX3,Mar 14 2005, 03:32 PM Wrote:T minus 10 days till we do Flo's! :)

And T minus 30 days till he starts singing the song FIRE. Baby I'm on fire!
meford4u,Mar 14 2005, 02:45 PM Wrote:
Jays2000ZX3,Mar 14 2005, 03:32 PM Wrote:T minus 10 days till we do Flo's! :)

And T minus 30 days till he starts singing the song FIRE. Baby I'm on fire!
[right][snapback]93490[/snapback][/right]

Naw, lol, his won't be ghetto! ;)

Not to mention my car was back to stock when it went up in flames.
While the noise is cool, i'm all in for not letting the whole world know i've got a turbo under the hood...
Pages: 1 2 3 4