FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Installing Altezza Tailights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering...I know a few people have done this mod on their car but how is it done on a sedan. I looked in my trunk and saw a piece of plastic that seems to cover the tails and its held in with a plastic screw. I take it I need to remove this before I can get to the light. Is there anything else that I will have to do. Could this install be done in 45 minutes?
uh..nevermind. I sorta got impatient and went and took a crack at it. I figured it out. Man it must be a pain in the back when a bulb burns out. These new euro lights look sweet. didn't think the chrome would suite the forest green as well as they do. I will try to get pics durring the day time and post them. Before anyone asks...they are the ford racing alteza's
:puke:
2001 ZTS,Mar 12 2005, 11:41 PM Wrote::puke:
[right][snapback]93137[/snapback][/right]

Agreed
I didnt see him asking for an opinion in original post...
tdot-zx3,Mar 13 2005, 07: Wrote:I didnt see him asking for an opinion in original post...
[right][snapback]93162[/snapback][/right]

:throwup:

EDIT: Nobody plans to get airsick either. I just have a gag like reflex to the mere mention of Altezzas. :puke: See, happened again!
2001 ZTS,Mar 13 2005, 09:11 AM Wrote:
tdot-zx3,Mar 13 2005, 07: Wrote:I didnt see him asking for an opinion in original post...
[right][snapback]93162[/snapback][/right]

:throwup:
[right][snapback]93166[/snapback][/right]

Wonderful use of the combo puking smiley,

As long as your happy mang it all that matters.
ThraxXx,Mar 12 2005, 07:39 PM Wrote:These new euro lights look sweet.  (...)  Before anyone asks...they are the ford racing alteza's
[right][snapback]93072[/snapback][/right]

The APC altezza tails arent a very popular item around here, but if you like them that's all that matters.

What bothers me is how they're referred to as "euro".. The style was taken from the Japanese Toyota Altezza (Lexus IS300), and there's nothing European about that.
yea, it's kinda confusing, but i still like the altezza's, i have a set on my white focus, and they look pretty sharp i have to say, but i think the colour of the car has a BIG part in what the overall impression of them will be
i dont get ppls deal with altezzas. on some cars they look good and some they dont.

Actually Steve altezza is a type of design done in europe for paintings and design thats where the euro comes from ;) and why there called altezzas
another thing funny about euro style...euro style equals rice lol !!! I mean there is stock euro style which is a really clean look but a real euro style would be rice...pick up a max power magazine and open it every bloody accessory you can find your car or any crazy paint job or bodykit or spoiler you can buy is on those cars lol..funny how that works :P

but jay is right they look good on some cars and others they don't, modding is like drinking wine a very acquired and personal taste
Yah! some ppl drink right from the box, while others sip and slurp from a crystal glass. Some from a papper bag while sitting on their ass.Some still drink from a bottle as they smoke a toke of grass.

For the Alteze style tails to work they must suit the
look of the car.(you need to be happy with the look)
If you like it then thats it I guess. But yeah, I got my load of laughs and finger pointing. Hell I still do.
ZOOM,Mar 14 2005, 02:30 AM Wrote:If you like it then thats it I guess. But yeah, I got my load of laughs and finger pointing. Hell I still do.
[right][snapback]93378[/snapback][/right]

it's not the lights we're laughing at. :P
Hey Thraxx!! Im not sure which ones you have, but I think the Carbon Fibre ones would look really good on your car. The Chrome ones will stand out like a sore thumb. trust me. If you can, return the chromes and get some fake Carbon Fibre ones, it will look a thousand times better.

B)
ZX3TUNR,Mar 13 2005, 10:22 PM Wrote:i dont get ppls deal with altezzas. on some cars they look good and some they dont.

Actually Steve altezza is a type of design done in europe for paintings and design thats where the euro comes from ;) and why there called altezzas
[right][snapback]93344[/snapback][/right]

Actually Jay, this is the history on the Altezzas I got.....

Also a little bit of history to how the 'Altezzas' originated: The Altezza style lights originated from the Toyota Altezza (Lexus IS300 in America). APC made them popular here, by making applications for almost every vehicle.
S2,Mar 14 2005, 09:54 AM Wrote:
ZX3TUNR,Mar 13 2005, 10:22 PM Wrote:i dont get ppls deal with altezzas. on some cars they look good and some they dont.

Also a little bit of history to how the 'Altezzas' originated: The Altezza style lights originated from the Toyota Altezza (Lexus IS300 in America). APC made them popular here, by making applications for almost every vehicle.
[right][snapback]93452[/snapback][/right]

yes chad thats where they did get them from but now look even before that witch I gave. The name behind altezza and why they came over here called "euro lights"
ZX3TUNR,Mar 14 2005, 10:59 AM Wrote:
S2,Mar 14 2005, 09:54 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]93452[/snapback][/right]

yes chad thats where they did get them from but now look even before that witch I gave. The name behind altezza and why they came over here called "euro lights"
[right][snapback]93453[/snapback][/right]

Got it! :D