FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Recall?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did anyone get their recall for the rear doors? well those with at least 4 doors anyway?
I heard about this, but have not yet received anything.
when I put in my VIN at the ford website it shows that I have a recall on that.
I just had my car in for the 3 month servicing and they checked it for recalls and said that there were none. Whats wrong with the rear doors?
ThraxXx,Mar 12 2005, 09:40 PM Wrote:I just had my car in for the 3 month servicing and they checked it for recalls and said that there were none.  Whats wrong with the rear doors?
[right][snapback]93073[/snapback][/right]

type in your VIN on this link.
http://www.ford.ca/english/maintaining/r...efault.asp
this is what I got.

Recall Results

Please be advised that the system used below tracks national safety, emission, and compliance recall notifications for programs launched in Canada. For more information on Ford recalls, or concerns you may be having with your vehicle, please contact your Ford or Ford/Lincoln dealership directly.

Below you will find information regarding your affected vehicle.

Recalls Listed

Affected Vehicle VIN

1FAFP3435YW******

Recall

05S27 REAR DOOR LATCH CORROSION
ZX5focused,Mar 12 2005, 06:29 PM Wrote:Did anyone get their recall for the rear doors? well those with at least 4 doors anyway?
[right][snapback]93036[/snapback][/right]

Check AnthonyD's signature. I believe that 41 days ago was related to that particular recall. :ph34r:
dBlast,Mar 12 2005, 08:52 PM Wrote:
ZX5focused,Mar 12 2005, 06:29 PM Wrote:Did anyone get their recall for the rear doors? well those with at least 4 doors anyway?
[right][snapback]93036[/snapback][/right]

Check AnthonyD's signature. I believe that 41 days ago was related to that particular recall. :ph34r:
[right][snapback]93079[/snapback][/right]

yes it is, and its something abou the latches on the rear door coroding or something, anyway they are supposed to lubricate and seal if ok or replace if damaged. i think
It's listed for mine... just can't be bothered to get it done right now. They inspected last month and said I could get it done if I really wanted to, but there were none of the wear/warning signs that they were aware of.

I'll probably wait till it gets a tad warmer, maybe after the paintshop is through with me in the beginning of April.
They won't mail out letters untill they manufacture and distribute a sufficient supply of replacement parts.
Yup 40 something days ago since it was issued.

Discovery swapped mine out last week for me while I was in for an oilchange.