FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Might Buy This..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
meford4u,Mar 27 2010, 01:49 AM Wrote:Your crazy.  walk, no run away.  First off, and I may be wrong, you cannot import a car to Canada from the US that has been written off and resell it here or even license it in Ontario if it has ever had salvage title.  Only can bring it here and use it for parts.
If you werrie about bring a car in from the US, I can and will help.  It's easy.  And there are companies out there that will inspect a car for you.

Go get the EAP from the US.

I would.
[right][snapback]303974[/snapback][/right]

I know someone who brought so far two Subaru's from the US , both with front end damage , fixed them up and register them .Currently he has a 2009 STI , had to replace right fender, hood , grill , some suspension work and paint , he drives it now with Ontario plates . If interested , I can ask what and how , but I am now in Germany so I will have to find him online to get answers .
Gabriel,Mar 27 2010, 08:14 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Mar 27 2010, 01:49 AM Wrote:Your crazy.  walk, no run away.  First off, and I may be wrong, you cannot import a car to Canada from the US that has been written off and resell it here or even license it in Ontario if it has ever had salvage title.  Only can bring it here and use it for parts.
If you werrie about bring a car in from the US, I can and will help.  It's easy.  And there are companies out there that will inspect a car for you.

I would.

I know someone who brought so far two Subaru's from the US , both with front end damage , fixed them up and register them .Currently he has a 2009 STI , had to replace right fender, hood , grill , some suspension work and paint , he drives it now with Ontario plates . If interested , I can ask what and how , but I am now in Germany so I will have to find him online to get answers .
[right][snapback]303985[/snapback][/right]

Off Topic:

Must be pretty late in Germany at the moment. :huh:

I would.

Gabriel, you may be right. But here it is from the "mouths of babes"...RIV

Salvage vehicles are vehicles that have been damaged beyond economical repair due to collision, natural disaster, accident, trespass or other occurrence as determined by a licensing authority or a licensed insurance provider.

All U.S. brand information on imported vehicles is acquired by RIV as part of the registration process. Vehicles in this category will have U.S. titles indicating the salvage status or brand. This information is verified by RIV through U.S. databases, and the salvage brand will be made available to all provincial and territorial licensing jurisdictions in Canada through the Interprovincial Records Exchange (IRE). A salvage status on a vehicle may severely limit your ability to get the vehicle licensed and insured in Canada. You should contact your jurisdictional licensing authority for more information.

Salvage or rebuilt salvage vehicles can be licensed in Canada provided the original damage was not flood-related and the vehicle is admissible under Transport Canada’s List of Vehicles Admissible from the United States. All licensing jurisdictions in Canada require a second rigorous structural integrity inspection for U.S. salvage vehicles to verify that the necessary repairs have been done to make the vehicle road safe.

Salvage or rebuilt salvage vehicles can also be imported into Canada as parts-only vehicles through a Vehicle Imported for Parts Form Form 3 regardless of the source of the damage. However, once a vehicle has entered Canada on Form 3, it can never be licensed in Canada.

NikiterZTS,Mar 27 2010, 07:37 AM Wrote:And I swear you better not turn a nice looking EAP into gayed out sticker car :)
[right][snapback]303981[/snapback][/right]

i didn't, FORD DID
[Image: fordoval.jpg]
found another one..

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?t...05&aff=national

not sure about driver side fog light, looks like busted or replaced with smoked one because of damage??don't know..
konafocuswrc,Mar 27 2010, 11:08 AM Wrote:found another one..

not sure about driver side fog light, looks like busted or replaced with smoked one because of damage??don't know..
[right][snapback]303991[/snapback][/right]

That's another one from the US . I wouldn\t worry about that fog light .it's cheap and easy to change . But the mileage ...I suspect those 97000 are miles :(
meford4u,Mar 27 2010, 10:07 AM Wrote:

I would.

Gabriel, you may be right. But here it is from the "mouths of babes"...RIV

Salvage vehicles are vehicles that have been damaged beyond economical repair due to collision, natural disaster, accident, trespass or other occurrence as determined by a licensing authority or a licensed insurance provider.

All U.S. brand information on imported vehicles is acquired by RIV as part of the registration process. Vehicles in this category will have U.S. titles indicating the salvage status or brand. This information is verified by RIV through U.S. databases, and the salvage brand will be made available to all provincial and territorial licensing jurisdictions in Canada through the Interprovincial Records Exchange (IRE). A salvage status on a vehicle may severely limit your ability to get the vehicle licensed and insured in Canada. You should contact your jurisdictional licensing authority for more information.

Salvage or rebuilt salvage vehicles can be licensed in Canada provided the original damage was not flood-related and the vehicle is admissible under Transport Canada’s List of Vehicles Admissible from the United States. All licensing jurisdictions in Canada require a second rigorous structural integrity inspection for U.S. salvage vehicles to verify that the necessary repairs have been done to make the vehicle road safe.

Salvage or rebuilt salvage vehicles can also be imported into Canada as parts-only vehicles through a Vehicle Imported for Parts Form Form 3 regardless of the source of the damage. However, once a vehicle has entered Canada on Form 3, it can never be licensed in Canada.
[right][snapback]303987[/snapback][/right]

It's true , there are alot of money at stake so the situation has to be investigated thoroughly . If I were Kona , I would also check the classifieds on Focaljet or Focus Fanatics , you never know ... Also , while browsing around for car in the past , I noticed alot of SVTF's for sale from Florida on Ebay .
i checekd everywhere, autotrader.ca, kijiji,ca, craiglist.ca, autotrader.com, cars.com without any luck..

i only could found 2 comp orange which is the one i linked above, another one looks to me modded heavily..

there was on focusfanatics and the one at california or oregon not sure but it is sold..
post on wtb section and i got reply but it only has 6000miles or it could be typo..60000miles??but price is out of my budget..
i only got C$10000 to spend..
cartcanuckZX5,Mar 26 2010, 10:57 PM Wrote:A Google search for VGA resulted in

It stands for: Vehicule Gravement Accidente.
Translation= Badly Accidented Vehicle.

and

"Véhicule Gravement Accidenté" which roughly translates "vehicle in severe accident"
[right][snapback]303971[/snapback][/right]

It directly translates to Vehicle Gravely Accidented, which I know isn't a word.

It's more of a Gravely Damaged by Accident.

but then again, there's a reason french doesn't actually translate to english.

p.s, pass on this car unless you can get it for 35-4000. As mentioned, you don't know what you'll uncover as you start digging deeper into it. It could be PERFECTLY fine, it could be perfectly f***ed.
NikiterZTS,Mar 27 2010, 06:37 AM Wrote:As meford said, find a nice clean EAP in the states. Prefer. the one without mods.
A couple of my friends brought the cars from US&A and they did say that it's easy. My next car will be definitly from down south and I will be doing this myself.

Milege is too freacking high on this car, some damage that you already know about and you still wanna waste your money by going up to french land and see it.

Forget about this car. And I swear you better not turn a nice looking EAP into gayed out sticker car :)

its like 400$ in fees to import. + Tax. or something like that. min 400$ i believe.

the mods made me remember something, if it's had a clutch done at 135.... well s***. I've got 111 and I my clutch hasn't been redone. How hard has this car been driven? Minus the Salvage title, sounds like it most likely has been beat on pretty hard.
my buddy bought a titled mustang from the states and registered it here after fixing it all himself..u could do that as well if you felt like it

Buy a US car though- they are cheaper, even after taxes from the border. Theres also no duty on imported cars either :)
Mystake,Mar 27 2010, 01:31 PM Wrote:
cartcanuckZX5,Mar 26 2010, 10:57 PM Wrote:A Google search for VGA resulted in

It stands for: Vehicule Gravement Accidente.
Translation= Badly Accidented Vehicle.

and

"Véhicule Gravement Accidenté" which roughly translates "vehicle in severe accident"
[right][snapback]303971[/snapback][/right]

It directly translates to Vehicle Gravely Accidented, which I know isn't a word.

It's more of a Gravely Damaged by Accident.

but then again, there's a reason french doesn't actually translate to english.

p.s, pass on this car unless you can get it for 35-4000. As mentioned, you don't know what you'll uncover as you start digging deeper into it. It could be PERFECTLY fine, it could be perfectly f***ed.
[right][snapback]304005[/snapback][/right]

We get VGA cars from quebec at my work, often toyota, Bmw, and nissan cars, but like I said if the have that on their title and are going to be resold out of province they get branded as Accident repaired with Structral damage, often when that has been dubbed on the title the car fax reports are very interesting to read as often it's repairs well over $5000+. I've seen on a BMW X5 with over $67,000 in total, claimed for 3 seprate accidents and were classed as severe.
konafocuswrc,Mar 27 2010, 02:57 PM Wrote:found this so far..
comp orange eap

sonic blue eap
http://focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225396
[right][snapback]304023[/snapback][/right]

6300USD, just a few more miles, clean title... and it's cheaper.
The blue one seems decent enough, but the fact you would be the fourth owner concerns me.
Keep looking. Don't be in any hurry to buy a car. That is the best advise I can give you. I took 9 months to find the Lincoln and I saved huge $$$ and got exactly what my wife wanted.
Look for a clean title with 1 owner car. Pay a little more but get the best deal possible.
When the right deal comes along things will just fit into place.
NikiterZTS,Mar 27 2010, 09:26 AM Wrote:

I would.

Off Topic:

Must be pretty late in Germany at the moment. :huh:
[right][snapback]303986[/snapback][/right]

There are 6 hours difference . Canada ET + 6 hrs .
BTW , I drive now a rented Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI Wagon . Nice car , I will post some pics for those interested as soon as I'll have a little more time .
konafocuswrc,Mar 27 2010, 10:51 AM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Mar 27 2010, 07:37 AM Wrote:And I swear you better not turn a nice looking EAP into gayed out sticker car :)

i didn't, FORD DID
[Image: fordoval.jpg]
[right][snapback]303989[/snapback][/right]

Ohh Nik Hes got a good point there.

Kona check ur Inbox ;)
Pages: 1 2